|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
Combat Shotgun was a semi-automatic shotgun in Battle Royale added in Season 9. It replaced the Pump Shotgun in the 9.00 patch. It was available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants. It uses Shells as ammunition, it can holds 10 bullets at one time, fires 10 pellets in a spread, and has a headshot multiplier of 1.5x. It had a very tight bullet spread, which makes it much harder to hit shots at close range. However, this and its very low damage dropoff used to allow it to deal damage at over 100 meters until it was nerfed to 60 meters.
The Combat Shotgun was vaulted with the 10.20.2 hotfix on September 4th, 2019. It was replaced by the Suppressed Assault Rifle. It is not 100% certain why it got vaulted, but it may have been due to the weapon being very strong and could deal high damage from far distances. Also much like the Tactical Assault Rifle, it may have been vaulted due to the John Wick crossover being over. Though, the Legendary Combat Shotgun is still available in the Solid Gold LTM in Patch 13.0.
A special thing about this shotgun is that you could reload two Shells at the same time.
- The Combat Shotgun has a fast firing rate, large magazine size and a tight bullet spread, which makes it rather difficult for beginners to use at close range. It is, however, useful at medium ranges because of the tight bullet spread.
- When facing off against another opponent with a different shotgun, you have to keep your distance, unless you have excellent accuracy, the other shotguns are better at close ranges.
- Generally, because it is a shotgun with a very long range, it makes a great backup for when one does not have a Assault Rifle, as despite the relatively slow fire rate of 1.85 and small ammunition clip size of 10 rounds, because it is a shotgun one has a greater likelihood of multiple pellets hitting and dealing roughly 30-40 damage per shot.
Patch 10.20.2 (September 4th, 2019)
Patch 9.40 (July 17th, 2019)
- Combat Shotgun changes
- Reduced Headshot multiplier from 1.7 to 1.5.
- Reduced the long range effectiveness of the Combat Shotgun
- Reduced the falloff curve ranges from:
- 2.44 tiles (unchanged)
- 4.88 tiles to 4.39 tiles.
- 9.77 tiles to 6.84 tiles.
- 19.53 tiles to 11.72 tiles.
Patch 9.30 (June 18th, 2019)
- Reduced the Combat Shotgun’s long-range effectiveness
- Reduced damage at medium distances by 10%
- Reduced damage at long distances by 20%
- The Combat Shotgun’s accuracy uniquely enables players to hit shots from longer distances compared to other shotguns.
Patch 9.10 (May 22, 2019)
- Combat Shotgun
- Reduced the availability from floor loot from 2.015% to 1.409%
- Reduced the availability from chest loot from 2.183% to 1.846%
- When compared to other items of similar rarity, the Combat Shotgun was dropping a bit too frequently. This change will put it closer in line with other items.
Patch 9.00 (May 9, 2019)
Weapons + Items
- Added Combat Shotgun
- Holds 10 Shells.
- Fires 9 pellets per shot for 73 / 77 / 81 base damage. The 81 damage was changed to 80 later down the line for no apparent reason.
- Tight spread and fast fire rate.
- Headshot multiplier of 1.70x.
- Reloads 2 shells at a time.
- Available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.
- Available from Floor, Chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines
||✅ Rare, Epic & Legendary
- It is the third fastest shotgun in the game, the second being the Double Barrel Shotgun, the first being the Drum Shotgun.
- It is designed after the Taran Tactical Benelli M4 John Wick uses in Parabellum.
- This is the first firearm in Fortnite to have its firing barrel shorter than its ammo barrel.
- The weapon itself somewhat behaves to the Shredder sniper and Super Shredder sniper from Save The World. This sniper has the long range like the combat and the crosshair spread like the Combat Shotgun as well.
- If you had your audio settings to Low, then the weapon’s firing sound would sound like the Epic and Legendary Pump Shotgun.
|Battle Royale Content|
| Seasonal Foraged Map Objects|
) • Rifts
) • Shadow Stones
) • Ziplines
, C2 1
, C2 2
) • Volcano Vents
) • Slipstream
) • Secret Passages