Chapter 2 Season 5
Season 5 of Chapter 2, also known as Season 15 of Battle Royale, started on December 2nd, 2020 and will end on March 15th, 2021. The season started after a long downtime upon the conclusion of The Devourer Of Worlds Event, which took place on December 1st, 2020 at 4:10 pm EST. The season's story revolves around Agent Jonesy recruiting bounty hunters from various realities, to prevent anyone from escaping the Loop through the recently exposed Zero Point.
The Battle Pass tab is now like it was originally was in Chapter 2 Season 1, replacing the Helicarrier Battle Pass tab. The challenges table are now on the lobby screen instead of inside the Battle Pass tab.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Fortnite Crew
- 4 Quests
- 5 Achievements
- 6 Cosmetics
- 7 Weapon and Item Releases
- 8 Map Changes
- 9 Trivia
[edit | edit source]
Starting from December 1st, Epic Games started releasing teasers for the season:
Teaser 1, "Zero Point - - Unstable - Project Hunter :: Beginning Upload :: Reply With Code “#Bounty” to Accept Transmission"
Teaser 2, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 1987 :: #1 of 6 Target Description: Defender - Shapeshifter Reply With Confirmation Code “#Wildheart” To Accept Next Transmission"
Teaser 3, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 42 :: #2 of 6 Target Description: Spirit - Vengeful Reply With Confirmation Code “#Revenge” To Accept Next Transmission"
Teaser 4, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 312 :: #3 of 6 Target Description: Fierce, Brave… Intimidating Reply With Confirmation Code “#Warrior” To Accept Next Transmission"
Teaser 5, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log [Data Not Found] :: #4 of 6 Target Description: [Data Not Found] Reply With Confirmation Code “#Laser” To Accept Next Transmission"
Teaser 6, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 3258 :: #5 of 6 Target Description: Sweet and… Delicious? Reply With Confirmation Code “#Breakfast” To Accept Next Transmission"
Teaser 7, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 982 :: #6 of 6 Target Description: Bubbly and… Chaotic… Data Transfer - Complete. Final Data Process Commencing Season 5 - 12.2.2020"
[edit | edit source]
Teaser 8, "Incoming audio transmission from @FortniteGame 🔊"
Teaser 9, ":: Incoming Audio Transmission - Reality Log 30276 :: Targets Description: Walker Slayers 12.16.2020
[edit | edit source]
- The 1st teaser suggests that, with extra details from the other teasers, that Agent Jonesy is hunting down and recruiting characters from other realities from the Zero Point, which was damaged after The Devourer Of Worlds Event.
- The 2nd teaser talks about a shapeshifter, which can turn into three different forms: a shark, a harpy (half-human, half-bird), and a unconfirmed form. She was called Mave, who had bird wings for a glider, a reactive style that turns her bottom half into a shark, and a reactive style that transforms her hair into snakes suggesting her third form is a form similar to Medusa whose eyes can turn others to stone.
- The 3rd teaser talks about a spirit that has the ability to grant wishes of revenge. He was called Kondor, who has a built-in emote that transforms him from a faceless creature into a masked warrior through the power of souls.
- The 4th teaser talks about a intense, strong warrior, that at the time of the log, is in some sort of arena from the sound of it. This is Menace, a warrior who has never been defeated, and has several styles that fit the idea.
- The 5th teaser talks about a space bounty hunter, that is unstoppable. This is the Mandalorian from Star Wars. The weapon described is the Amban Sniper Rifle.
- The confirmation code was "#Unstoppable" at one point, but was changed to "#Laser".
- The 6th teaser talks about a "killer breakfast". This is Mancake, the creature made of pancakes.
- The 7th and final main teaser talks about a someone who looks friendly, but has an ugly side. She was called Lexa a different cell shaded character who has a built-in emote that transforms her into what she calls a Mechafusion.
- The 8th teaser is the first extra teaser about a hunter outside the battle pass. The recording talks about someone who has defeated several gods in rage. This is the god of war, Kratos.
- The 9th teaser talks about a group of people who were quickly convinced to leave their reality. This is Michonne and Daryl Dixon of the Walking Dead reality.
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 5 costs 950 V-Bucks, and is a way to earn exclusive rewards during the season by earning XP and increasing your level. The rewards included in the Battle Pass include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
Fortnite Crew[edit | edit source]
Starting on December 2nd with Season 5, players will be able to buy the Fortnite Crew subscription for $11.99 USD a month. The subscription includes access to the current battle pass, 1,000 V-Bucks per month, and monthly sets that are exclusive to the subscription only. For the first month, the Galaxia outfit will be the first of many monthly outfits to be included for the first month, including the Fractured World back bling, and Cosmic Llamacorn harvesting tool.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Quests are a brand new form of challenges this season. There are different types of quests, based off of their rarity. The Beskar Quest is one of the quests included, which rewards several styles for the Mandalorian.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Achievements are back in Chapter 2 Season 5. Instead of being colored red, it is colored purple. Several of the Achievements are similar, but there are new additions earned through the season's new mechanics, items, and cosmetics.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders are also to be released during Chapter 2 Season 5 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards.
|Balls of Power||Icon||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2021-01-16|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 7 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2021-01-14|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 6 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2021-01-07|
|Edge Case||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2021-01-06|
|Edge Factor||Epic||Bundle||2300 V-Bucks||2021-01-06|
|Don't Start Now||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2021-01-02|
|Boxing Glove Arrow||DC||Harvesting Tool||2021-01-01|
|Tactical Quiver||DC||Back Bling||2021-01-01|
|January 2021 Crew Pack||DC||Crew Pack||2021-01-01|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 5 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-31|
|Gleam Team||Epic||Bundle||2500 V-Bucks||2020-12-30|
|Out With The Old||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-12-28|
|Merry Marauding||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-26|
|Snow Drift||Frozen||Outfit||2500 V-Bucks||2020-12-24|
|Frost Legends Pack||Frozen||Bundle||2500 V-Bucks||2020-12-24|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 4 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-24|
|Frost Broker||Frozen||Outfit||2500 V-Bucks||2020-12-24|
|Cheery Chime||Rare||Back Bling||2020-12-23|
|Holly Striker||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-12-22|
|Frosty Serenade||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-12-21|
|Marvel: Royalty & Warriors Pack||Marvel||Bundle||2020-12-21|
|Wakanda Forever Quests||Marvel||Set of Challenges||2020-12-21|
|Frosty Visions||Rare||Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-12-21|
|Wakandan Skyrider||Marvel||Rideable Glider||2020-12-21|
|Kree Backplate||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-12-21|
|King's Cowl||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-12-21|
|Mimic's Shield||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-12-21|
|Copycat's Sword||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2020-12-21|
|Alpha Staff||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2020-12-21|
|Vibranium Daggers||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-12-21|
|Power Of Mar-Vell||Marvel||Glider||2020-12-21|
|Click Pow Get Down||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-12-20|
|Cozy Jonesy||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-12-20|
|Winter's Wish||Uncommon||Glider||500 V-Bucks||2020-12-20|
|Operation Snowdown Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-18|
|Mr. Dappermint||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-12-18|
|Candy Plane||Uncommon||Glider||500 V-Bucks||2020-12-18|
|Frost In Action||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-18|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 3 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-17|
|Daryl Dixon||Epic||Outfit||1800 V-Bucks||2020-12-16|
|Michonne's Katana||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2020-12-16|
|Michonne's Katana||Epic||Back bling||2020-12-16|
|Hunting Quiver||Epic||Back Bling||2020-12-16|
|Daryl's Knives||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2020-12-16|
|Survivors in Arms Bundle||Epic||Bundle||2600 V-Bucks||2020-12-16|
|Playstation Plus Celebration Pack 12||Epic||Playstation Plus Celebration Pack||2020-12-16|
|The Spy Within Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-15|
|Tree Topper||Uncommon||Glider||500 V-Bucks||2020-12-15|
|Party Favor||Uncommon||Emote||300 V-Bucks||2020-12-15|
|Reboot a Friend||Challenges||2020-12-14|
|Gingerbread Raider||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-12-11|
|Old School Anthem||Rare||Music||2020-12-10|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 2 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-10|
|Master Chief Bundle||GamingLegends||Bundle||2600 V-Bucks||2020-12-10|
|Lil' Warthog||GamingLegends||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-12-10|
|UNSC Pelican||GamingLegends||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2020-12-10|
|Master Chief||GamingLegends||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-12-10|
|Sing Along||Uncommon||Emote||0 V-Bucks||2020-12-09|
|The Diamond Diva Pack||Rare||Starter Pack||2020-12-08|
|Shine Pack||Rare||Back Bling||2020-12-08|
|Pizo's Locker Bundle||Epic||Bundle||2100 V-Bucks||2020-12-07|
|Kratos Bundle||GamingLegends||Bundle||2200 V-Bucks||2020-12-03|
|Freezing Burst||GamingLegends||Built-In Emote||1000 V-Bucks||2020-12-03|
|Guardian Shield||GamingLegends||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-12-03|
|Leviathan Axe||GamingLegends||Harvesting Tool||1000 V-Bucks||2020-12-03|
|Mimir||GamingLegends||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-12-03|
|Vengeful Wish||Epic||Built-In Emote||2020-12-02|
|Oath & Sorrow||Uncommon||Banner||2020-12-02|
|Star Power Remix||Rare||Music||2020-12-02|
|Rise Of The Devourer||Marvel||Music||2020-12-02|
|Cosmic Llamacorn||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2020-12-02|
|Fractured World||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-12-02|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Week 1 Epic Quests||Legendary||Set of Challenges||2020-12-02|
|Chapter 2 Season 5 Rare Quests||Rare||Set of Challenges||2020-12-02|
|Beskar Quests||Epic||Set of Challenges||2020-12-02|
|The Gunslinger||StarWars||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
|Hover Pram Control||StarWars||Built-In Emote||2020-12-02|
|December 2020 Crew Pack||Legendary||Crew Pack||2020-12-02|
|A Warrior Prepares||Uncommon||Emote||2020-12-02|
|Syrup Slinger||Rare||Built-In Emote||2020-12-02|
|Hunter Protocol||Epic||Built-In Emote||2020-12-02|
|Mandalorian||Star Wars Series||Outfit||2020-12-02|
|Menace Reings||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
|Let's go, Mechafusion!||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
|Warrior Spirit||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
|Wildheart Way||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
|Stack 'Em High||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-12-02|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
15.0 Patch Notes (December 2nd)[edit | edit source]
- Amban Sniper Rifle
- The Mandalorian's Jetpack
- Boom Sniper Rifle
- Night Hawk
- Shadow Tracker
- The Dub
- Dragon's Breath Shotgun
- Zero Point Fish
- Found in Fishing Spots.
- Gives you Zero Point movement, like the Zero Point Crystal
- Charge Shotgun
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Pistol ( & )
- Submachine Gun
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Can only be obtained by eliminating IO Guards.
- Tactical Shotgun
- Burst Assault Rifle
- Combat Shotgun
- Light Machine Gun
- Pump Shotgun
- Scoped Assault Rifle
- Stark Industries Energy Rifle
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Crash Pad
- Fire Trap
- Stark Industries Jetpack
- Stark Industries Supply Drone
- Spicy Fish
- Hop Flopper
- Black Panther’s Kinetic Armor
- Doctor Doom's Arcane Gauntlets
- Doctor Doom's Mystical Bomb
- Groot's Bramble Shield
- Iron Man's Repulsor Gauntlets
- Iron Man's Unibeam
- Silver Surfer's Surfboard
- She-Hulk's Fists
- Storm's Tornado Launch
- Thor's Mjolnir Strike
- Venom's Smash and Grab
- Wolverine's Claws
- The Tactical Shotgun damage was buffed from 68/71/75/79/83 to 72/76/80/84/88
- The Charge Shotgun damage was buffed from 80/85/89/93/98 to 84/88/93/98/102
- The Dragon's Breath Shotgun damage was buffed from 133/140 to 152/160
- Dragon's Breath Shotgun's effective range was slightly increased.
15.1 Patch Notes (December 15th)[edit | edit source]
- Lever-Action Rifle
- Sniper rifle that combines Rapid shooting style with dead-eye accuracy.
- Available in , and variants.
- Available in Chests, Floor loot and Supply Drops.
- Deals 52/55/58 damage
- Magazine size of 9
- Uses Heavy Ammo
- Reloads like a shotgun
- Fire rate of 1.25
- Shoots slightly faster when hip-firing.
- Reload time of 6.3/6.0/5.7
- Dragon's Breath Sniper Rifle
- The Big Chill
- Snowy Flopper
- Found in Fishing Spots.
- Gives you Icy feet for 15 seconds, like the Chiller Trap.
- The X-4 Stormwing changes:
- The X-4 Stormwings now have Fuel
- Fuel Capacity: 100
- The camera is further away from the player than it was before.
- Reduced total amount of health.
- The X-4 Stormwings now have Fuel
15.2 Patch Notes (January 13th)[edit | edit source]
- Lever-Action Shotgun
- Available in , , , and .
- Found in Chests, Floor Loot and Supply Drops
- Deals 93/98/103/108/114 damage
- x1.45 headshot multiplier
- Magazine size of 6
- Uses Shells 'n' Slugs
- Fire rate of 0.95
- 6.6/6.3/6.0/5.7/5.4 seconds to reload.
- Hop Rock Dualies
- Lever-Action Rifle
- New variant.
- Only available in Creative.
- Deals 61 damage.
- 5.4 seconds to reload.
- Lever-Action Rifle reload and pullout sounds were changed.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v15.0 (December 2nd)[edit | edit source]
- The Zero Point was exposed and damaged, causing the center of the island to turn into a desert biome.
- All of Upstate New York has vanished, including Stark Industries, revealing some locations that were originally covered.
- Doom's Domain was reverted back into Pleasant Park.
- Jennifer Walters' Office in Retail Row has been reverted to a regular house.
- Wolverine has vanished from the island.
- The Sentinel Graveyard, Trask Truck, Ant Manor, Panther, Collection, and Heroes Park have vanished.
- The Bifrost markings near the Ghost House have worn away.
- The remainings of The Fortilla have sunken into the water.
- Salty Springs was altered with a combination of Tilted Towers into Salty Towers.
- Colossal Coliseum has appeared and replaced most of Frenzy Farm.
- Hunter's Haven appeared west of Lazy Lake in replacement of the Sentinel Graveyard
- Stealthy Stronghold appeared over most of Homely Hills.
- Spawn Island has been reverted back into a Chapter 1 island.
- Butter Barn has appeared north of Hunter's Haven.
- A piece of Dusty Depot has appeared south of Colossal Coliseum, called the Dusted Depot.
- The Viking Vessel from the Viking Outpost has crashed into the top of the store west of Holly Hedges.
- The Durrr Burger restaurant from Greasy Grove has crashed into Logjam Woodworks.
- The Pizza Pit has appeared south of The Orchard.
- The Razor Crest has crash landed near the Green Steel Bridge
- A Flushed Building from Flush Factory appeared near Plumberton.
- Pizza Pete's Food Truck has been rearranged near the Flushed Building.
- Retail Row has set up its Christmas shop, and have begun to set up trees in its parking lot.
- A Sheriff's Office has appeared near Risky Reels.
- The construction near the Yellow Steel Bridge has been completed into a Big Shots cafe.
- IO Guards, including the chance of the Henchmen and other objects and references, appear in Guard Boxes from underground.
- Medical equipment has appeared in Craggy Cliffs and Hilltop House. These are due to Remedy appearing in these areas.
- Fancy View has had cases stored in one of the rooms. This is due to The Reaper appearing in this area.
- A rock has appeared near Shipwreck Cove showing Mave's ability to transform through the form of a harpy, snakes, and a shark.
- Target practice set ups have appeared near Misty Meadows and in Steamy Stacks by Bullseye and Longshot.
- Several explosives have appeared around the Unremarkable Shack by Splode.
- Mechanic workshops have been built in Lazy Lake, as well as gas stations near Hydro 16 and Slurpy Swamp by Sparkplug.
- Racing lines have been set up near Sweaty Sands, FN Radio, and Steamy Stacks by Burnout.
- Gold and other equipment have been secretly stashed in buildings in Holly Hedges and Lazy Lake by Rapscallion.
- A detective's office has been arranged in Sweaty Sands by Sleuth.
- Several dog houses have appeared around buildings in Pleasant Park and Retail Row by Doggo.
- A book from SypherPK has suddenly appeared in the Weather Station.
- A couple houses near The Orchard have appeared, covered by sand.
- Bounty Boards and small Safes have been set up around the map.
- Several Characters have appeared around the map with Quests, and placed different items in their locations.
Map v15.1 (December 15th)[edit | edit source]
- Some Christmas decorations have been set up at Holly Hedges, Sweaty Sands, Salty Towers, Pleasant Park, Lazy Lake and Retail Row.
- Snow has slightly begun to fall in the southeastern corner of the island.
- Several trees from Retail Row have been sold.
- The Christmas store at Retail has disappeared. This is likely a mistake.
- Most of the trees at the Stumpy Ridge have been chopped down.
- Christmas lights have been placed on all bushes.
- Some of the IO Guard Boxes have been decorated with Christmas items inside.
- The building at the Fancy View has been redecorated into a Boost Pad once again to celebrate Season 2 of Rocket League.
- The Mandalorian has traveled slightly away from the Razor Crest and has set up his camp west of the Colossal Coliseum.
- Snowmando has appeared near the Snow Cone Food Truck.
- Lazy Lake and Slurpy Swamp's Reboot Vans have moved.
- The Zero Point created a portal south of Salty Towers to the Walking Dead reality.
- Fancy View/Boost Pad has received Christmas decorations.
- Christmas trees and presents have appeared at Salty Towers, Pleasant Park, Holly Hedges, The Orchard and Craggy Cliffs.
- Dirty Docks has decorated some of the factories. A Christmas Tree has appeared here as well.
- The Christmas Shop at Retail Row has reappeared, indicating it was removed on accident.
- Apres Ski is now playing Christmas music.
- December 16th: Catty Corner and Retail Row have been covered with snow.
- December 17th: Most of Misty Meadows and Lazy Lake have been covered with snow.
- December 18th: More snow has fallen onto the Island, partly reaching Hunter's Haven.
- Several Snowmando outposts have been built around the map, each containing several X-4 Stormwings.
- The Mandalorian's camp has moved near Pleasant Park.
- December 19th: The Zero Point created a portal west of Misty Meadows to the Marvel reality.
- January 5th: The Battle Bus has been returned to normal.
- The snow at Camp Cod has melted.
- The Christmas store at Retail Row has closed down.
- All bushes have been their Christmas lights removed.
- All Snowmando's Outposts and Planes (except the ones close to Catty Corner) have vanished.
- January 6th: All Christmas decorations have been removed at Holly Hedges, Sweaty Sands, Salty Towers, Pleasant Park, Lazy Lake and Retail Row. Most of Christmas decorations have been removed to all landmarks and POI.
- The IO Guard Boxes have had their Christmas decorations removed.
- The snow has begun to melt at Misty Meadows.
- January 7th: All of the snow has melted in Misty Meadows and Lazy Lake.
- Later that day (for some reason): The snow at Rapid's Rest has melted.
- January 8th: A vast majority of snow has melted in Retail Row
- January 8th: The little bit of snow at Hunter's Haven has melted.
- January 10th: The snow at Catty Corner has melted.
Map v15.2 (January 13th)[edit | edit source]
- Colossal Coliseum has had the main area flooded with water. This only happens when the Viking Huts and ship appear.
- The Predator's ship has arrived at Stealthy Stronghold, hinting at him becoming an NPC or Boss soon.
- The hut near Yellow Steel Bridge (POI) has had some extra furniture added.
- A Portal has appeared near Steamy Stacks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At the beginning of Chapter 2 Season 5, several content creators were delivered packages holding Agent John Jones' bag seen in the Zero Point trailer. This bag holds several items that are involved in The Storyline as well as hints to future characters to be revealed.
- There are two sheets of paper in the bag that explain The Plan, which is to gather the greatest hunters across several realities to prevent anyone from escaping the Loop, and that the items in the bag should help track down these hunters. The second sheet is the list, being a cup, sunglasses, hand wraps, a necklace, scratcher, space bananas, cherry blossom tea, an ant farm, wig, candy, face paint, a helmet, mud mask, syrup, tokens, and a baseball bat. Some of these items have been scratched off, indicating they have already been located.
- Chapter 2 Season 5 is the first season since Season 2 where the map did not get fully covered in snow on Christmas Day, the reason why this didn't happen its unknown.