Chapter 2 Season 4
Season 4 of Chapter 2, also known as Season 14 of Battle Royale, started on August 27th, 2020 and is currently scheduled to end on November 30th, 2020. The theme of this season is Nexus War/Marvel.
The Battle Pass Tab now features a Marvel base inside the helicarrier that replaces the personal fortilla from Chapter 2 Season 3.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Challenges
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Cosmetics
- 6 Weapon and Item Releases
- 7 Map Changes
- 8 Trivia
[edit | edit source]
Starting from August 21st, Epic Games started releasing teasers for the season:
Teaser 1, "🔨⚡🌈… "
Teaser 2, "The Herald has found The Island."
Teaser 3, "His warning is dire. Will they hear?"
Teaser 4, "THEY cannot defeat HIM without working together."
Teaser 5, "He threatens the fate of all Reality."
Teaser 6, "The War to save Reality begins tomorrow! "
[edit | edit source]
- On August 21st, a teaser of the season had been leaked on the Nintendo Switch eshop. You can only see it if you switch the default language to Korean. Soon after, the official Fortnite twitter posted the same video, fully confirming the Marvel themed season. This also possibly suggests an upcoming Thor skin.
- On August 22nd, the second teaser was posted on the Fortnite twitter, suggesting that Thor, or the Herald, has found The Island. A comic has also appeared in the lobby of the Battle Pass Tab, featuring a readable comic book that likely tells the story so far. The current information suggests that Galactus, a large creature that feeds on planets across the universe, is likely heading to the island through a rift seeking infinite power, and it is up to Thor to warn the island what is coming.
- In addition, a small rift has appeared over the island on the same date, specifically over Catty Corner. This is likely leading up to the entrance of Thor with the beginning of the season.
- On August 23rd, the third teaser was posted on the Fortnite twitter. It explains that Thor's warning is dire and questions on if the inhabitants of the island will heed his warning. A second part of the comic was released in where Thor travels to the island via the rift and comes in contact with Brite Bomber and Kit. He goes on to explain that he means no harm and is only here is warn the people of this island. All of a sudden, he gets shot at by Jonesy, who then appears with Lynx, Raven, and Peely. He then realizes that the people see him as a threat, and the part ends.
- On August 24th, the fourth teaser was posted on the Fortnite twitter. This teasers says the inhabitants of the island cannot defeat Galactus without Thor's aid. A third part of the comic was released where Thor fights back at everyone shooting at him and explains that a great evil is coming and that none of them will be able to defeat it without his help. He then grows weary and forgets what his name was and how he got on the island. He drops Mjölnir and slowly falls to the ground. All the while, he is being shot at by everyone else. He only remembers his encounter with Brite Bomber, and the part ends.
- On August 25th, the fifth teaser was posted on the Fortnite twitter. This teaser says that Galactus threatens all reality. A fourth part of the comic was released where as Thor continued the battle against the Fortnite characters, everyone notices in the sky the sight of Galactus through the rift. From the sight, Thor temporarily remembers himself again, sending his ravens to Asgard quickly to warn Sif, guardian of the bifrost, to send aid.
- On August 26th, the sixth and final teaser was posted. The teasers stated that The war to save reality would begin on August 27th. The fifth and ending pages of the comic were released where, with the assistance of Sif, many Marvel characters were sent to the island via the bifrost. Although, all the characters are quick to lose their memories, leading it as a cliffhanger for Season 4.
- Reflecting the scene where all the heroes arrive, six bifrost marks appeared on a hilltop next to a small cabin east of Weeping Woods.
- The last teaser and comic book pages confirmed the future heroes that would soon become outfits: She-Hulk, Groot, Iron Man, Storm, Mystique, Doctor Doom, and Wolverine. Although Captain America was in the comic, he was already released in the Item Shop before Season 4.
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 4 costs 950 V-Bucks, and is a way to earn exclusive rewards during the season by earning XP and increasing your level. The rewards included in the Battle Pass include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Weekly Challenges have returned this season along with the new Awakening Challenges for each skin in the Battle Pass.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Achievements are back in Chapter 2 Season 4. Instead of being colored blue and purple/violet, it is now colored red, black, and white. Just like the last 3 seasons, most of the achievements are copied and some are earned through the season's new mechanics.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders are also to be released during Chapter 2 Season 4 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards.
|Poison Ivy||DC Series||Outfit||2020-11-17|
|The Joker||DC Series||Outfit||2020-11-17|
|Bad Joke||DC Series||Harvesting Tool||2020-11-17|
|80px||Midas Crest||Back Bling||2020-11-17|
|80px||Back Bloom||DC Series||Back Bling||2020-11-17|
|80px||Laugh Riot||DC Series||Back Bling||2020-11-17|
|Ivy Axe||DC Series||Harvesting Tool||2020-11-17|
|The Joker's Revenge||DC Series||Harvesting Tool||2020-11-17|
|The Last Laugh Bundle||DC Series||Bundle||2020-11-17|
|Adamantium Claws||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-10-01|
|Corrupted Legends Pack||Epic||Bundle||2020-09-22|
|Corrupted Bladed Wings||Epic||Back Bling||2020-09-22|
|Corrupted Long Legs||Epic||Back Bling||2020-09-22|
|Corrupted Sight Sling||Epic||Back Bling||2020-09-22|
|Last Forever||Rare||Synced Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-18|
|Perfect Point||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-09-17|
|Playstation Plus Celebration Pack 11||Rare||Playstation Plus Celebration Pack||2020-09-17|
|Shadow Strike Pack||Shadow Series||Bundle||2800 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Shadow Combo Cleaver||Shadow Series||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Shadow Caliper||Shadow Series||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Dark Paradigm||Shadow Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Mecha Team Shadow||Shadow Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Nite Bag||Shadow Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Nite Gunner||Shadow Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Shadow Archetype||Shadow Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Shadow Jet Set||Shadow Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-16|
|Impact Green||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-09-15|
|Block Blades||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-15|
|Green Eagle||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-09-15|
|Plasma Bubble||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-14|
|Vanguard Squadron X-wing||Star Wars Series||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2020-09-13|
|Silver Flame||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-12|
|Battle Breakers||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-09-12|
|Fire Vortex||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-12|
|Fierce Cloudpuff||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-09-12|
|Shimmer Specialist||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-09-11|
|Dynamo Dancer||Legendary||Outfit||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Blue Cyclo||Uncommon||Emoticon||400 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|The Mighty Volt||Legendary||Outfit||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Emoticape||Legendary||Back Bling||400 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Holo-Back||Rare||Back Bling||400 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Phantasmic Pulse||Epic||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Hero Gear Bundle||Epic||Bundle||1400 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Wolverine's Trophy||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-09-10|
|The Fly||Uncommon||Emoticon||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Mighty Spider||Uncommon||Emoticon||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Red Cyclo||Uncommon||Emoticon||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Super Ducky||Uncommon||Emoticon||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Hero's Beacon||Legendary||Built-in Emote||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-10|
|Lemon Zest||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-08|
|Samurai Scrapper Pack||Rare||Bundle||2020-09-08|
|Scrapper Sashimono||Rare||Back Bling||2020-09-08|
|Melty Gold||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-06|
|Say So||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-04|
|Dread Oracle Axe||Epic||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Dread Shroud||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Dread Shield||Epic||Back Bling||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Dread Omen||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Adamantium Slash||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-09-03|
|Dread Fate||Epic||Outfit||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Dread Strikers||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1800 V-Bucks||2020-09-03|
|Angelfish||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-09-02|
|OG (Future Remix)||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-09-01|
|Chainstick Pack||Rare||Back Bling||2020-09-01|
|The Street Serpent Pack||Rare||Starter Pack||2020-09-01|
|Ms. Whip||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-08-31|
|Violet Tentacles||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-30|
|Silver Surfer Bundle||Marvel||Bundle||2200 V-Bucks||2020-08-29|
|Herald's Star||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-08-29|
|Silver Surfer||Marvel||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-08-29|
|Silver Surfer Pickaxe||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-29|
|Silver Surfer's Surfboard||Marvel||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-29|
|Gilded Morphic Blades||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Hammers of Justice||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Groot's Sap Axes||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Hand of Lightning||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Staff of Doom||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Mk. 85 Energy Blade||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2020-08-27|
|Thor's Cloak||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Scales Of Justice||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Sapling Groot||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Mystique's Skull||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Doom Chalice||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|DOOM's Cowl||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Storm's Cloak||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Arcane Energy Glider||Marvel||Glider||2020-08-27|
|Mark 90 Flight Pack||Marvel||Glider||2020-08-27|
|Flytrapper||Legendary||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-08-27|
|Verdant Vascularity||Marvel||Animated Wrap||2020-08-27|
|Arcane Steel||Marvel||Animated Wrap||2020-08-27|
|Morphic Blue||Marvel||Animated Wrap||2020-08-27|
|Inventor's Choice||Marvel||Animated Wrap||2020-08-27|
|Herald's Hammer||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Cosmic Wave||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Carrying The Team||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Out On A Limb||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Storm Flight||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|DOOM Unleashed||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Identity Crisis||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|The Man In The Suit||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-08-27|
|Gamma Overload||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|Battle Brother||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|Gale Force||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|Victory Von Doom||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|God of Thunder||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|Suit Up||Marvel||Built-in Emote||2020-08-27|
|Iron Man Backplate||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-08-27|
|Mighty Marvel 'Brella||Marvel||Umbrella||2020-08-27|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
14.0 Patch Notes (August 27th)[edit | edit source]
- Added Items
- Upgrade Bench
- Item Changes
- The Combat Shotgun changes:
- Combat Shotgun damage decreased from 73 to 50.
- Combat Shotgun damage decreased from 77 to 53.
- Combat Shotgun damage decreased from 80 to 55.
- Combat Shotgun fire rate reduced to 1.7
- Combat Shotgun magazine size reduced from 10 to 8
- The Tactical Submachine Gun changes:
- Tactical Submachine Gun fire rate reduced from 13 to 9
- Tactical Submachine Gun magazine size reduced from 35 to 25.
- Tactical Submachine Gun reload time decreased from 2.4 to 2.2.
- Tactical Submachine Gun reload time decreased from 2.3 to 2.1.
- Tactical Submachine Gun reload time decreased from 2.2 to 2.
- New sound when shooting the Tactical Submachine Gun.
- Storm now hits at a rate of 1.011 opposed to 1.019
- The Reboot Van has decreased its reboot cooldown from 120 seconds to 60 seconds.
- The Combat Shotgun changes:
14.1 Patch Notes (September 10th)[edit | edit source]
- Rocket Launcher ( )
- Only available from defeating Galactus Gorgers.
- Rocket Launcher ( )
- Added Items
- Item Changes
- Doctor Doom's Arcane Gauntlets base damage dealt to players and structures increased from 35 to 45.
- Marvel Knockout
14.2 Patch Notes (September 23rd)[edit | edit source]
- Added Items
- Scoped Assault Rifle ( & )
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v14.0 (August 27th)[edit | edit source]
- The floating Spawn Island has been taken down and replaced with a flying Marvel helicarrier.
- Pleasant Park has been turned into Doom's Domain, a POI with a new mansion called House Doom and the reopened safe house under the soccer field featuring a new Vault Of Doom. The location is guarded by Doom Henchmen and the boss, Doctor Doom.
- A large Sentinel Graveyard has appeared on the hilltop area west of Lazy Lake. From the graveyard, the house in the area has been destroyed from a fallen Sentinel.
- The wall around The Authority has collapsed, and the remains of the inside of the building are being packed up.
- The Yacht has been removed from the island.
- A large amount of The Fortilla has been lost in the water.
- The rest of the Rickety Rig has been lost to the water.
- Catty Corner has removed its Henchmen and most of its vault loot.
- The large Rift in the sky has vanished, and a new tear has appeared.
- A farm has been built east of The Authority, inhabited by Tony Stark.
- Multiple Stark devices have appeared around the northeast of the map, in the shape of the circle.
- A house at Retail Row has been reconstructed into a law office building for Jennifer Walters.
- Multiple vases have appeared in some houses around the map.
- The flower and lamp shop in Retail Row has begun to pack up the equipment in the back rooms.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued, including more fencing and more positioned chairs.
- Hayman and Pipeman have appeared near Fort Crumpet greeting each other with a high five.
- A formation of rocks were placed on the top of a mountain south of Misty Meadows.
- The Coral Buddies' home has been destroyed by their nuke and now it is inhabited by a few cyborg Corals.
- The Ghost House has had many of its belongings ready to be packed up.
- The Flopper Farm has been taken down.
- The spaceship southwest of Apres Ski has gone away.
- A Sapling Groot has appeared in the center of Holly Hedges in between a group of potted plants.
- Three Wolverine slash marks appeared in Weeping Woods.
- Multiple Quinjets fly to different locations around the map, creating multiple Quinjet Patrol Sites, featuring Stark Robots.
- Motorboat Mayhem has been removed from the map.
- August 29th: A new piece of land has suddenly appeared onto the island, north of Homely Hills, holding a Trask Transport Truck. A few Rifts appeared around the landmark.
- Stark's Rift Beacons around the map have been activated.
- August 31st: Another piece of land has suddenly appeared on the island, east of Holly Hedges, south of Timber Tent, and southwest of the Flopper Pond. It is an Ant Manor for an ant called Anton. There is an underground hole in the land with eggs in them. Rifts have also appeared around the landmark.
- Stark's Rift Beacons have begun to go into the next phase, creating beacons that are all going towards one place in the sky.
- September 1st: Another piece of land has appeared, west of Misty Meadows and north of Apres Ski. It features a very large panther statue called Panther Prowl. Some Rifts have appeared around the landmark.
- The Stark Rift Beacons has gone into the next phase, the beacons becoming more active.
- The tear in the sky has begun to glow brighter.
- September 3rd: Stark's Rift Beacons have gone into another stage, the beacons now forming a very large circle around the area. A green zone has begun to form around the area.
- September 6th: Another piece of land has appeared on a mountain, south of Retail Row and east of Catty Corner. It is The Collection of many different objects. Rifts have appeared around the area.
- Stark's Rift Beacons have begun to fully line up into the circle around the northeast area.
Map v14.1 (September 10th)[edit | edit source]
- A very large piece of land has appeared over Frenzy Farm and The Orchard due to Stark's Rift Beacons. The piece of land features Stark Industries, as well as a Heart Lake and Stark Lake House.
- A smaller piece of land called Heroes Park has crashed north of the Ghost House. It features a large Avengers globe.
- A large building in Camp Cod has suddenly vanished with all of its contents.
- The large crane at Fancy View has fallen down the hill.
- A small GNOM Talk of multiple gnomes has appeared southwest of Apres Ski, featuring a Super Slurp Juice.
- Multiple posters have begun to appear around the map promoting the new Super Slurp Juice.
- The construction at the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued construction, as the crash above the hill is continuing to be cleaned up, a part of the wall has been plastered down the hill.
- The Coral Buddies island has vanished.
- Gorgers occasionally appear around the island.
Map v14.2 (September 23rd)[edit | edit source]
- A large shopping area has begun construction besides a gas station west of Holly Hedges.
- The construction below the Yellow Steel Bridge has finished with parts of the lower walls.
- The Trask Transport Truck doors has been broken open.
- Super Slurp Juice posters around the map have been sprayed over.
- A cyborg gnome has appeared in the basement of the Ghost House, with multiple Super Slurp Barrels, Super Slurp Juice posters and images, three mini robots, and a map with five points pinned.
- A group of gnomes have appeared behind Lockie's Lighthouse and in Retail Row.
- Multiple groups of gnomes have appeared around the map, in locations with armed Super Slurp Barrels.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This season is the first season to have a battle pass that is completely related to Marvel.
- This season may be delayed due to the game files saying December 11th, 2020 has it’s end date
- This will be the third longest season (So far) lasting 95 days (as of right now) but, will be 106 days if delayed to December 11th, 2020. This is not yet confirmed.