Chapter 2 Season 3
Season 3 of Chapter 2, or Season 13 of Battle Royale began on June 17th, 2020 (originally April 30th, June 4th, and June 11th) and ended on August 26th. The theme of the season was water themed.
The new updated map shows more than a half of the upper side of the island being severely flooded during the first few weeks. But with new seasons, comes new mechanics, POIs, and new weapons. There are new bosses with new Mythic weapons to find in-game.
Over the course of Season 3, the water level had started to recede until Week 7 of the season.
The Battle Pass Tab now features a fortilla instead of a spy-base.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Challenges
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Cosmetics
- 6 Weapon and Item Releases
- 7 Map Changes
- 8 Trivia
[edit | edit source]
On April 29th, a group of posters were leaked in the game files labeled as teasers. These posters can be seen on a building owned by No Sweat Insurance in Lazy Lake, which all 3 posters are placed around the building multiple times. The following teasers below are the full posters that can be found in the game files:
On June 1st, Sony/PlayStation accidentally leaked the pre-cover for Season 3. (This has been done before by them every other season.) It shows the Battle Bus over the ocean and a three palm tree island in the background:
On June 15th, shortly after The Device Event, Fortnite posted a main teaser for Season 3, and will most likely post more until Season 3 However, a second teaser was seemingly accidentally sent out to creators who leaked the second teaser:
[edit | edit source]
- No Sweat Insurance (NSI) Poster 1 features an image of a house being lifted over a large body of water with a life-ring, remaining fence left in the water. The teaser confirmed that any houses that were insured by No Sweat Insurance were protected by the flooding.
- NSI Poster 2 features an image of Meowscles waist-deep in water and wearing arm floaties and a pair of shorts. There was no new skin or style for Meowscles, however a new skin related was added, Kit.
- NSI Poster 3 features an image of a shark beneath Peely, swimming on the surface of water. The teaser confirmed that sharks would be added to the game.
- The leaked PlayStation pre-cover was joked around by some to be a secret hint to a Spongebob crossover, since the shape of the background island is similar to one often seen with Spongebob.
- The first pair of featured images show some type of lens focused on a trident over water. The numbers 0203 are shown multiple times along each image, which represent Chapter 2 Season 3. The teaser confirmed the idea of Aquaman as a skin as well as Aquaman's Trident as a harvesting tool.
- The second pair of images show the similar lens focused on what is a small image of the moon in front of an astronaut outfit. The numbers 0203 are shown consistently along the images. The teaser confirmed a new astronaut skin, Siona, and the Mini Moon as her back bling.
- The third pair of featured teasers show another lens focus, now on some sort of new POI. The number set 0203 is still in the images. The teaser was confirmed to be a new named location, called The Fortilla.
- The fourth pair of featured teasers show one last lens focus on a small Meowscles on the handle of what appeared to be a bike. However, this turned out to be a new outfit called Kit, a small cat controlling a robot that can turn into a vehicle with a traversal built-in emote.
- Teasers 6 and 8 could be lined up together and reveal more of The Fortilla.
- The ninth and final teaser shows an image of all the previous teasers shown around a metal owl. This suggests that the owl is what took the pictures of the teasers. The owl turned out to be a Pet called Ohm.
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 3 costs 950 V-Bucks, and is a way to earn exclusive rewards during the season by earning XP and increasing your level. The rewards included in the Battle Pass include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
With Chapter 2 Season 3, Weekly Challenges became available within every week of the season. The challenges, as it says, are unlocked around every week. By completing them, large amounts of XP are rewarded, and the more challenges that are completed, the more requirements can be met to unlock other styles for Battle Pass outfits. All Weekly Challenges are available until the season ends.
Similar to Chapter 2 Season 2, challenges still exist in the Battle Pass tab, changed from a spy headquarters to a personal fortilla. Most of the challenges, besides style challenges, are still available through the challenge table, labelled Map Challenges. When a challenge must be completed, the hologram on the Challenge Table will hold the information. When a location is listed to a specific location, a number will be placed at that location based on how many challenges are required to be completed there. Challenges also include unique icons, such as a chest, explosion, exclamation point, and multiple others. When areas on the map are gray or labeled as ???, it means that there are a new locations there or the old locations have changed significantly.
In addition to Weekly Challenges, other unique challenges will become available as the season progresses. Similar to last season, Aquaman is now the special skin for the season and has special challenges, called the Aquaman Challenges, to complete and unlock Aquaman. As well as the Aquaman Challenges, a set of other challenges will become available, set to unlock styles to choose for the Brella, which can be fully customized with multiple options. These challenges are available until the season ends.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Achievements are back from Chapter 2 Season 2. Instead of being colored gold, they are colored blue and purple/violet, similar to Chapter 2 Season 1's achievements. Most of the Achievements are copied from the last two seasons, however more achievements are available to complete for the new mechanics of the season.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders are also to be released during Chapter 2 Season 3 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards.
|Athleisure Assassin||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-25|
|Pom Pummelers||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-25|
|Haute Holster||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-25|
|It's Complicated||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-24|
|Switch Up||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-08-23|
|Bryce 3000||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-23|
|Boombox 3000||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-23|
|Sky Ray||Epic||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-21|
|Trench Blades||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-21|
|Salty Glow||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-21|
|Moon Jelly||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-08-21|
|Bucky Bat||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-20|
|Castaway Jonesy||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-20|
|Wind Shell||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-20|
|Tropic Axe||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-20|
|Derby Dynamo Challenge Pack||Epic||Challenge Pack||0 V-Bucks||2020-08-19|
|Quad Roller||Epic||Back Bling||2020-08-19|
|Raise The Cup||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-08-18|
|Sticker Star||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-17|
|Scoops & Slices Bundle||Rare||Bundle||1000 V-Bucks||2020-08-17|
|Two Scoops||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1000 V-Bucks||2020-08-17|
|Vannila Whip||Rare||Back Bling||1000 V-Bucks||2020-08-17|
|Capearoni||Rare||Back Bling||1000 V-Bucks||2020-08-17|
|Homescape||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-16|
|Lunar Sim||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-08-16|
|Llama's Bane||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-15|
|Llama Buster||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-15|
|Batman Gear Pack||DC Series||Bundle||1500 V-Bucks||2020-08-14|
|Catwoman Bundle||DC Series||Bundle||1800 V-Bucks||2020-08-14|
|Shooting Starstaff||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-08-13|
|King Krab||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-10|
|Back Scoop||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-10|
|Scoop Shot||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-10|
|Rainbow Rodeo||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-09|
|Neon Backboard||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-08|
|Axe-olotl||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-08|
|Coral Cowl||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-08|
|Lapis Trident||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-08|
|Hulk Smashers||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-07|
|Out West||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-07|
|Beef Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-06|
|Relaxed Fit Jonesy||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-06|
|Snax||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-06|
|Wrong Turn||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-05|
|Noggin||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-05|
|Crash Test||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-08-05|
|Sandshark Driver||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-08-05|
|Stylish Stripes||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-03|
|Buckle Up||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-02|
|Dive Hazard||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-01|
|Tri-Hook||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-01|
|Tidal Hazard||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-08-01|
|Sawtooth Slashers||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-08-01|
|Stardust Strikers||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-31|
|Galaxy Pack||Legendary||Bundle||2800 V-Bucks||2020-07-31|
|FNCS 2:3 Emoticon||Uncommon||Emoticon||2020-07-31|
|Number One||Epic||Back Bling||2020-07-31|
|Light Knives||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-30|
|Party Diva||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-30|
|Party Star||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-30|
|Back Scratcher||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-30|
|Party MVP||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-30|
|Fighting Fish||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-29|
|The Device||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-07-28|
|Summer Legends Pack||Epic||Bundle||0 V-Bucks||2020-07-28|
|Tropical Punch Zoey||Epic||Outfit||2020-07-28|
|Sour Swirl||Epic||Back Bling||2020-07-28|
|Banana Cabana||Epic||Back Bling||2020-07-28|
|Trapper Pack||Epic||Back Bling||2020-07-28|
|Galaxy Scout||Legendary||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Nucleus||Legendary||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Star Scout||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Iron Claws||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Shore Leave||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Dune Tripper||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-25|
|Weathered Wings||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-24|
|Rally Raider||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-24|
|Weathered Gold||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-24|
|Balletic||Rare||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-23|
|Fish Sticks||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-07-22|
|Titan Scale||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-22|
|Atlantean Fishstick||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-22|
|Tube Top||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-21|
|Fortnite Classics Bundle||Rare||Bundle||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-21|
|Rocky||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-21|
|Gnomax||Rare||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-21|
|Chair||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-21|
|Par Patroller||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-07-18|
|Hook Slicer||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-18|
|The Renegade||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-17|
|Black Manta||DC Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-16|
|Manta Pack||DC Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-16|
|Manta Blades||DC Series||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-07-16|
|Aquaman's Trident||DC Series||Harvesting Tool||2020-07-16|
|Linear Strike||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-14|
|Flail Blades||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-13|
|Gunny Sack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-13|
|Playstation Plus Celebration Pack 10||Rare||Playstation Plus Celebration Pack||2020-07-10|
|Darkheart||Dark Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-10|
|Heartless Wings||Dark Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-10|
|Bewitching Blades||Dark Series||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-07-10|
|Double Agent Wildcard||Epic||Outfit||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Double Agent Hush||Epic||Outfit||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Shadow Pickaxe Pack||Rare||Bundle||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Gold Crow||Rare||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Mayhem Scythe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Shadow Blades||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Supreme Shell||DC Series||Back Bling||2020-07-09|
|Double Agent Hard Case||Epic||Back Bling||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Chaos Double Agent||Epic||Outfit||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Double Agent Ooze Unit||Epic||Back Bling||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Double Agent Stripe||Epic||Back Bling||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Double Agent Pack||Epic||Bundle||2500 V-Bucks||2020-07-09|
|Get Loose||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-07-06|
|Cozy Chomps||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Comfy Chomps||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Overbite||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Sail Shark||Legendary||Glider||1500 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Sharky Slappers||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Sharky Shawl||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-07-04|
|Captain America||Marvel||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-07-02|
|Grand Salute||Marvel||Emote||300 V-Bucks||2020-07-02|
|Sea Shaka||DC Series||Emoticon||2020-07-02|
|Metal Team Leader Pack||Epic||Bundle||2020-07-02|
|Metal Team Leader||Rare||Outfit||2020-07-02|
|Proto-Adamantium Shield||Marvel||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-07-02|
|Proto-Adamantium Shield||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2000 V-Bucks||2020-07-02|
|Warning Bow||Rare||Back Bling||2020-07-02|
|Universal Bloom||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-06-30|
|Burning Bright||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-06-30|
|Starpower||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-30|
|Starstruck Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-06-30|
|Surf Witch||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-30|
|Blaze||Lava Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-06-27|
|Firestarter||Lava Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-06-27|
|Black Violet||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-06-26|
|Waddle Away||Uncommon||Traversal Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-06-23|
|Yellowjacket Pack||Rare||Starter Pack||2020-06-22|
|Ribbon Dancer||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-06-22|
|Venom Blade||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-06-22|
|Bounce Berry||Icon Series||Emote||300 V-Bucks||2020-06-21|
|Buddy Bag||Icon Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-06-21|
|Fruit Punchers||Icon Series||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-06-21|
|Loserfruit||Icon Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-06-21|
|Loserfruit Bundle||Icon Series||Bundle||1800 V-Bucks||2020-06-21|
|Swamp Stomper||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Scarlet Serpent||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Double Fang||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Fearless Fangs||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Sky Serpent||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Swamp Slicer||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Swampy Sack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Swamp Scale||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-06-20|
|Dumpster Flier||Uncommon||Glider||500 V-Bucks||2020-06-19|
|Trench Trawler||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-19|
|Anchor||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-06-18|
|Heavy Hook||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-06-18|
|Tippy Tap||Rare||Traversal Emote||2020-06-17|
|Paddle Royale||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-06-17|
|Beyond The Waves||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|Power Claws||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|From The Deep!||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|I Call Shotgun||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|Get Fixed||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|The Lab||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|Beyond Zero||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|King Of The Beach||DC Series||Loading Screen||2020-06-17|
|Wrenchers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Tide Axes||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Eternal Shield||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-06-17|
|Eon Blades||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Reliant Blades||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Vizion Strikers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Go Cat Go||Epic||Built-in Emote||2020-06-17|
|Deep Dive||Epic||Back Bling||2020-06-17|
|Ocean Wave||Rare||Animated Wrap||2020-06-17|
|Sigil Red||Rare||Animated Wrap||2020-06-17|
|Dive Knives||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-06-17|
|Mini Moon||Epic||Back Bling||2020-06-17|
|Infinite Bloom||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-06-17|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
13.0 Patch Notes (June 17th)[edit | edit source]
- Added New Items
- Item Changes
- Decreased amount of ammo in a Burst AR from 30 bullets to 20 and shots fired from 3 shots to 2. (The variant still has 30 bullets)
- SMGs recieved a small nerf; they do less damage
- The new Drum Gun deals less damage than the previous one. The fire-rate is now 8.5 rounds per second while the damage has decreased from 25 to 24.
- ARs headshots are no longer a double multiplier. They now have 1.5x multiplier
- Consumables found on the ground can be gathered and held onto in an inventory slot.
- New Food Crates can be found in certain spots around the map. Searching the crates drops some consumables.
- Upgrade Bench
13.2 Patch Notes (June 30th)[edit | edit source]
- Added New Items
- Item Changes
- Upgrade Bench
- Any Upgrade Bench can now be hit with a weapon to be taken down and held in an inventory slot. Once thrown back down, it can be used again. The Upgrade Bench now has 400 health before destroying it.
- You can now sidegrade a SMG to a Rapid-Fire SMG.
- Added sound effect when upgrading or sidegrading so anyone can hear you.
13.4 Patch Notes (August 5th)[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v13.0 (June 17th)[edit | edit source]
- The large water wall around the island stopped holding, and caused the whole map to flood significantly and the storm to return to normal.
- New Named Locations, some controlled by Henchmen and bosses.
- The Agency turned into The Authority, a SHADOW POI with a large wall around the island to protect it from flooding. The Authority is controlled by Henchmen and the boss, Jules.
- A large GHOST rebellion site has appeared on the southwest corner of the island, called The Fortilla. The Fortilla is controlled by Henchmen and the boss, Ocean.
- The Box Factory has turned into a named location called Catty Corner, now including a new gas station and nearby cafe. Catty Corner is controlled by Kitbash Henchmen and the boss, Kit.
- The remains of The Rig were split into three parts extending a distance away. The POI is now called Rickety Rig.
- Slurpy Swamp, Weeping Woods, Craggy Cliffs, Dirty Docks, and Risky Reels have been massively flooded and have become Landmarks.
- The Shark, and The Grotto, due to their flooding, changed into Landmarks called Sharky Shell and Brutus' Basin.
- The Yacht has been moved to the northern center of the island as a Landmark that has been partially taken apart.
- Pleasant Park, Sweaty Sands, and Frenzy Farm have been built onto floating rafts due to their coverage from No Sweat Insurance.
- Salty Springs has been partially flooded on the eastern side. The blue house has been repaired of it's damage.
- Steamy Stacks was partially flooded with water.
- The A Lot O' Auto building in Lazy Lake has a lot of balloons set up and a large amount of vehicle activity due to it's official opening. A gas station has also been built nearby.
- Spawn Island has turned into an area on floating rafts surrounded by small islands of rubble.
- All SHADOW Safe Houses have been either flooded or returned to their normal state.
- A No Sweat Insurance boat called No Sweat Storage has appeared east of Frenzy Farm.
- A floating Fishsticks restaurant called the Float Fillet has appeared in between Pleasant Park and The Authority.
- A large pirate ship called the Bandit Barge and partying raft called the Boogie Boat have been set up south of The Fortilla.
- A Boat N' Tackle shopping raft has set up near Sweaty Sands.
- A second food truck for Pizza Pit has been set up on a raft being pulled by a boat near the Blue Steel Bridge called the Crusty Cruiser.
- A Ghost boat has appeared north of Sweaty Sands called Pirate Radio.
- A Motorboat racing area has appeared north on a Lazy Lake Island called Motorboat Mayhem.
- The bridge near the Gorgeous Gorge has changed into a boat dropping landmark called Drop Shop.
- Three gas stations have appeared around the map, one south of Hydro 16, one east of FN Radio, and one at Lazy Lake.
- This could hint that drivable cars could be coming into the game later on in the season because they were teased in the season trailer.
- Ghost House has been taken over by SHADOW.
- The rival shops in Retail Row are now both connected and controlled by SHADOW.
- The car and truck mech has fallen onto the ground underwater and is crawling to the island.
- A mech made of bathroom equipment has appeared in the water west of the Fancy View.
- Pipeman has suddenly vanished.
- The hut north of the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued construction on the second floor.
- A Pawntoon has appeared, randomly moving around the edges of the map.
- Multiple floating huts, rafts, boats, and ships have been set up around the island.
- Many Chests with arms and legs have appeared around the island.
- Whirlpools have appeared in the water around the island, including a very large one over many of the flooded islands on the northwestern part of the island.
- Loot Sharks have appeared in the water all around the island. They can be used to ride around using a Fishing Rod.
- Occasionally, Marauder Pods fall from random Rifts in the sky and release Marauders that will search and attack for players.
- June 23rd: A mini film set has appeared over at the pier in Sweaty Sands.
- Fireflies have begun to appear around the map.
Map v13.2 (June 30th)[edit | edit source]
- A small group of islands have appeared near the northwest edge of the map. A group of coral buddies have appeared and have started to create a small civilization on the island.
- The bear and gnome raft south of Salty Springs suddenly vanished.
- A crane has appeared near the Yellow Steel Bridge and has lifted one of the crashed trucks.
- The construction below the truck crash has continued progress and has increased width. More of the pallets and chairs from the crash are being driven down to the site.
- Multiple posters have been set up in Lazy Lake featuring unique vehicles.
- Some helipad areas as well as the Choppas in the areas have been taken down around the island.
- July 1st: The water level decreased, clearing water from areas such as Salty Springs, Steamy Stacks, most of Frenzy Farm, and parts of multiple landmarks. Some locations have also been slightly relocated and some small locations have vanished.
- The gas tanks in the Catty Corner gas station have changed to a different type of gas tank.
- A dance pad was set up in the filming area at Sweaty Sands.
- July 11th: The water level decreased further, clearing water from areas such as Risky Reels, as well as other landmarks, and has also caused random areas to move or vanish.
- July 18th: The water level decreased even further, clearing water from areas such as Pleasant Park, Weeping Woods, and Craggy Cliffs, as well as other landmarks, and has also caused random areas and landmarks to move or vanish.
- July 20th: A group of Coral Buddy have arrived on the civilization island on the north west of the island with a pirate ship holding a little shark on the side of their boat.
Map v13.3 (July 21st)[edit | edit source]
- Most of the stationary vehicles all around the map have suddenly vanished.
- Multiple gas stations have been upgraded around the map.
- A spaceship has crashed in the water nearby Craggy Cliffs.
- A hatch on the wall of The Authority has opened up due to the water being lowered enough.
- The construction near the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued progress and some chairs have been set up inside.
- The Coral Buddies on the civilization island have moved from the wood age to the stone age.
- The coral have begun to build more structures across the northwestern part of the island.
- July 24th: The water level decreased further, clearing more water from areas such as the rest of Weeping Woods and Craggy Cliffs, returning the POIs to named locations.
- A gas station has appeared south of Weeping Woods, next to the Purple Steel Bridge.
- July 27th: The water level decreased even more, clearing much more water from many areas. Slurpy Swamp and Dirty Docks have become named locations again.
- July 30th: The water level decreased further, nearing its normal level. More of Slurpy Swamp has been cleared and Sweaty Sands has returned to normal.
- The construction at Sweaty Sands has been completed into a gas station.
- A fishing raft has appeared in the water west of Steamy Stacks called Flopper Farm.
- August 1st: The water level decreased to its normal level, revealing the last parts of map.
- The very large whirlpool has created a sinkhole, revealing a lost underwater city called Coral Castle.
Map v13.4 (August 5th)[edit | edit source]
- Multiple Cars have appeared around the map that can be driven.
- The Coral Buddies have begun to move up another age in their civilization, featuring a built rocket ship and a nuclear chemical from a crashed pirate ship.
- A small secret hideout has appeared under a building in Steamy Stacks, holding a unique object inside.
- The space craft from the northeast of Craggy Cliffs has reappeared on the southwest part of the island, east of Rickety Rig, now open.
- The construction near the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued progression.
- August 22nd: A Rift appeared in the sky above Catty Corner.
- August 24th: Thor's Hammer has appeared south of Salty Springs, making a crater.
- August 26th: Six bifrost markings have appeared on a hill east of the Ghost House.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon the final water drop during the season, a new Named Location appeared, but was labeled as <CARL>. This was quickly fixed in Coral Castle.
- So far, This might be the shortest season of Chapter 2 only lasting around 70 days unlike Chapter 2 Season 1, lasting 128 days or 5 months. This also makes it the first season in the Chapter to end on it's scheduled date, August 27th, 2020.
- This is the last season for Fortnite on iOS.
- Due to Epic Games defying the App Store Monopoly, Apple has begun to block Fortnite on multiple devices, causing the creation of #FreeFortnite, to let Fortnite be available on iOS once again.
- On April 14th, 2020, Epic Games announced that the Season, that was supposed to be released on April 30th, 2020, was extended to June 4th, 2020. However, new updates for Season 2, Chapter 2 are planned.
- On May 28th, 2020, Epic Games decided to extend Chapter 2 Season 2 by one more week. The new start date for Season 3 is now starting on June 11th, while the live event for Season 2 is now on June 6th, 2020 at 2:05 pm Eastern Time.
- This is so that they can make some tweaks to the live event before it goes live.
- On June 3rd, 2020, Epic Games has announced the third extension for Season 2. Chapter 2 Season 3 is now expected to begin on June 17th, 2020. The Device event, scheduled for June 6th, is now expected to happen on June 15th at 2:05 pm ET.
- The reason why the season has been extended because of recent events of racism, riots and protests in the United States.
- Other game companies delayed their games as well.
- The reason why the season has been extended because of recent events of racism, riots and protests in the United States.