Chapter 2 Season 2
Season 2 of Chapter 2, or Season 12 of Battle Royale began on February 20th, 2020 and will end on April 30, 2020. The theme of the season relates around the two major groups, Shadow and Ghost, along with the theme of gold and spies.
The map was updated to include five different spy "hideout" POI's, all of which have henchmen patrolling the area. In addition to the henchmen, each new POI includes an AI boss of the Battle Pass skins, which drop Mythic versions of weapons upon defeat.
The Battle Pass tab was remade to resemble the Save the World screens, with the interactive screen being a spy hideout.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Challenges
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Cosmetics
- 6 Weapon and Item Releases
- 7 Map Changes
[edit | edit source]
Starting February 17th, Epic Games release a daily series of teasers that hints about the upcoming theme of the season.
[edit | edit source]
- Teaser 4 has a map in the top right corner with a bunker sticking out. The map appears to line up with the coast south of Dirty Docks and east of Retail Row, which means more terrain will be added to the area.
- Teaser 5 was thought to confirm the return of Dynamite, as the icons are the exact same. This turned out to be actually teasing the TNTina outfit.
- Teasers 6 and 7, when brightened, show an oil rig out in the water. Teaser 7 also has a map in the top left corner showing the island with the oil rig off the coast. Speicifcally, the map perfectly lines up with Shanty Town and the south west parts of Slurpy Swamp to give us that the new oil rig POI will be south of Shanty Town and west of Slurpy Swamp.
Beginning daily on February 17th into February 18th, at a certain time, players when returning to the lobby would see the Fortnite News, but it would be glitched or corrupted, and it would glitch to the final teaser for that day. In this case the gold face with chaos agent’s mask in front of it.
On February 18th into February 19th, players were shown a similar screen, but would instead show gold nuke saying the word “KA-BOOM” on it.
On February 19th into February 20th, players were shown the same screen, it showed a gold familiar cat called “Agent Meowscles”. Interestingly, the cat's head is similar to one shown in the Feline By Design Loading Screen.
One thing to note is in teasers 4, 5 & 8 it spells MIDAS. Midas is the name of at least three members of the royal house of Phrygia. The most famous being called King Midas is popularly remembered in Greek mythology for his ability to turn everything he touched everything into gold. This came to be called the golden touch, or the Midas touch. Which is why all the teasers are gold. As the theme is typically hinting us to a golden type season.
Before the season started, users on both the r/FortniteBR subreddit, and the official Fortnite discord server began to be "activated" by a bot known as "The Agency".
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 2 costs 950 V-Bucks, and is a way to earn exclusive rewards during the season by earning XP and increasing your level. The rewards included in the Battle Pass include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
The Battle Pass tab has been reworked, and is now an interactive spy hideout that includes the Battle Pass itself, challenges, and upgrade vault, and more. The pass itself includes new features never before seen, such as rideable gliders and a fully customizable skin. Fitting with the theme of the season, each skin (excluding Gear Specialist Maya and Agent Peely) has a selectable style which is permanently chosen, either Shadow or Ghost.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Challenges have been greatly changed this season. Challenges no longer have their own tab, and now fit into the Battle Pass tab, along with multiple other details, and are now available through the Challenge Table. Challenges are separated in 5 different groups, unique sets of challenges such as Brutus' Briefing and Maya's Challenges, Suggested Challenges, Daily Challenges, Challenges for styles, and a list of all the challenges. When a challenge must be completed, it will be shown on the Challenge Table, on a hologram of the map. When a location is listed to a specific location, a number will be placed at that location based on how many challenges are required to be completed there.
Throughout the season, more Agent Challenges become available. The available challenges are Brutus' Briefing, TNTina's Trial, and Meowscles' Mischief. These type of challenges are unlocked weekly and by completing them, special styles for the Battle Pass skins become available. However, only one out of the two special styles, Ghost and Shadow are available to collect for every player. Whichever style is chosen more over the other can cause a large effect on the map, and can also change the future of the next season.
On March 25th, Oro and the Midas' Revenge set suddenly became available in the Item Shop, and along with it, the Awaken Oro Challenges. These challenges mostly consist of teamwork, and when completed, will reward two cosmetic items part of the Midas' Revenge set along with a large amount of XP.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Achievements have returned from Chapter 2 Season 1, and work largely the same. Instead of being colored blue, they are now colored gold. Many achievements from last season were remade as separate achievements, with only a simple name change, however many are new to this season.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released during Season 12 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards.
|Box Basher||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Pop Dropper||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Crafted Cardboard||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Scootin'||Marvel||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-03|
|Meaty Mallets||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-03|
|Pink Streak||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-30|
|Splatter Spectrum||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-29|
|Bull Shield||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-03-28|
|Bold Stance||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-27|
|Swirly Streak||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-27|
|Dorsal Destroyer||Rare||Back Bling||2020-03-26|
|Double Dagger||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Angled Intercept||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Gilded Scepter||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-03-25|
|Kite!||Rare||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-23|
|Manic Mosaic||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-22|
|I'm A Cat||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-20|
|Well Rounded||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-20|
|Cuddletime Coup||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-03-20|
|Slurp Leviathan||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Slurp Bandolette||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Slurp Jonesy||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Stargazer||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-18|
|Bespoke Blades||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Backchannel||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Radiant Runes||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Back Stitch||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Clover Team Leader||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Silver Strikers||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Lucky Clover||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Lush Edge||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Deadpool’s Katanas||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-03-13|
|Purple Jam||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-13|
|Primo Moves||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-11|
|Sasquatchin'||Uncommon||Traversal Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-09|
|Squared Stream||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-08|
|Tropical Stash||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-07|
|Piña Clobber||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-07|
|Inversion Blades||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|True Reflection||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|Echo Jet||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|Happy Stars||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-05|
|Dynamic Fire||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-04|
|Farmer Steel||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Power Pitch||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Battle Barn||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Heavy Harvester||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Diamond Eye||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-01|
|Shattered Ice||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-01|
|Gold Chain||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-29|
|Goldy Lock||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-29|
|Codaxe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Ride The Corn!||Marvel||Spray||2020-02-28|
|Hack Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Code Green||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Neonimal||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-27|
|Pop Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-26|
|Doggie Bag||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-25|
|Sunny Samba||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-24|
|Carnaval Flowers||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-24|
|Carnaval Confetti||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-23|
|Skeletal Wings||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-22|
|Hurricane||Uncommon||Back Bling||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-21|
|Advanced Math||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-21|
|Chargers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Hack & Smash||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Teknical Glow||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Serrated Slicers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Banana Briefcase||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Gold Dagger Pack||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Solid Scratch||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Spy Vs Banana||Uncommon||Wrap||2020-02-20|
|Roy G Meowscles||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Gear Specialist Maya||Legendary||Outfit||2020-02-20|
|Specialist Pickaxe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Hench Hauler||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Arroyo Pack||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Ollie Bounce||Epic||Built-in Emote||2020-02-20|
|Swole Cat||Epic||Built-in Emote||2020-02-20|
|Golden King||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Feline Fun||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Adventure Pack||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Hench Life||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|The Clash||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Mountain Raid||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Eye Of The Storm||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Our Man Peely||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Lost Levels||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|The Harvest||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Dangerous Waters||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Golden Empire||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Boss Fight||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Epic Swords Of Wonder||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Yellow Glow||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Paws & Claws||Rare||Emote||2020-02-20|
|Puma Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
12.00 Patch Notes (February 20th)[edit | edit source]
- Skye's Assault Rifle Rarity
- Skye's Grappler Rarity
- TNTina's Ka-Boom Bow Rarity
- Midas' Drum Gun Rarity
- Brutus' Minigun Rarity
- Meowscles' Peow Peow Rifle Rarity
- Rapid Fire SMG Rarity (Picked up from SHADOW Henchman chests.)
- Decoy Rarity
- Creepin' Cardboard Rarity
- Hunting Rifle and Variants (Only in Sniper Shootout and One Shot gamemodes.)
- Suppressed Assault Rifle Variant (Picked up from defeated Henchmen.) and variants from GHOST Henchman chests.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun , & Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchmen and from GHOST Henchman chests.)
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle & Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchman and GHOST Henchman chests.
- Suppressed Pistol and Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchmen or GHOST henchman chests.)
- Minigun & Variants (Either from defeated SHADOW or GHOST Henchmen or SHADOW or GHOST chests.)
- Heavy Sniper Rifle & Variants. Picked up from defeated SHADOW Henchman or SHADOW Henchman chests.
- Remote Explosives
12.10 Patch Notes (March 3rd)[edit | edit source]
12.20 Patch Notes (March 17th)[edit | edit source]
12.30 Patch Notes (March 31)[edit | edit source]
- Kingsman Rarity
- Deals 50-60 damage per melee hit, 100 damage for final charged hit
- Allows players to block damage in front of them
- Allows players to glide from a high height
- Allows players to roll and can harvest materials like the Lightsaber
- Crash Pad
- Comes in 3, max 6 per stack
- Allows players to bounce off it in a similar way to the Bouncer
- Can be thrown down at any time, including high in the air, avoiding fall damage
- Deadpool's Hand Cannons Rarity
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v12.00 (February 20th)[edit | edit source]
- New Named Locations guarded by skins from the Chapter 2 Season 2 Battle Pass as well as Ghost Henchmen or regular Henchmen.
- A new building has been built on Eye Land, changing the POI into a new named location called The Agency featuring the Ghost logo.
- An oil rig has been constructed west of Slurpy Swamp. It has become a named location called The Rig.
- A boat has appeared north of Steamy Stacks called The Yacht.
- A named location has appeared at the northwest of the map called The Shark, featuring a piece of land in the shape of a shark.
- A secret base has appeared underground in between Retail Row and Dirty Docks called The Grotto.
- New Landmarks guarded by Shadow Henchmen.
- A secret underground hideout has been constructed underneath Pleasant Park only accessible through hideouts. It is called Shadow Safe House - Alpha.
- An underground hideout has also been constructed underneath a gas station east of Frenzy Farm also only accessible through hideouts. It is called Shadow Safe House - Beta.
- The inside of FN Radio has been changed into a secret hideout with more walls, training dummies on the roof, and a basement. It is now called Shadow Safe House - Charlie.
- The house at Lazy Lake Island has been fully constructed into a hideout called Shadow Safe House - Delta.
- The red house near Sweaty Sands with it's furniture removed has turned into a hideout with a basement. It is called Shadow Safe House - Echo.
- More port-a-potties and dumpsters have appeared around the map, some have become secret passages where a player jumps in it and it takes them through a long tube to different places around the area.
- Two secret bases have been built under Spawn Island. One belongs to Ghost and the other belongs to Shadow.
- Retail Row's holiday shop has been converted into two separate ones, one called Ghost Flowers and one called Shadow Lamps. Both teams have telescopes set up to spy each other's shops.
- The chair truck from Dirty Docks has moved next to the gas station east of Frenzy Farm.
- A delivery depot has appeared outside REDACTED, called Box Factory.
- All E.G.O. Outposts have disappeared.
- Multiple cars have crashed outside Sweaty Sands, presumably as a result of a police chase.
- A truck from Logjam has passed by the trucks at Stumpy Ridge (POI).
- A Ghost base has been set up near Stumpy Ridge, called the Ghost House.
- Posters reading "Shadow wants you" and "Join Ghost" have appeared across the map.
- A truck has crashed near the swamp. It appears to have carried boxes from Ship It!. A police car has also appeared, seeming to have blocked off the crash with traffic cones.
- Mailboxes have appeared across the map, as well as boxes from Ship It!.
Map v12.10 (March 3rd)[edit | edit source]
- The red car that has fallen down the mansion cliff at the Fancy View during Chapter 2 Season 1 has now been lifted up by a crane held up on the edge by multiple pallets.
- Multiple desks and tvs have been placed around the Ghost House, most likely to train new Ghost recruits.
- Ghost files have appeared near Pizza Pete's Food Truck as well as on one of the bleachers at the Mowdown.
- A large skull shape has been created onto the side cliff of The Grotto. Multiple Shadow logos have appeared inside and the Henchmen have become Shadow Henchmen.
- A telescope as well as a suitcase holding plans with the Shadow logo have appeared on a building rooftop in Weeping Woods. The telescope points towards the Ghost House.
- All "Join Ghost" posters around the map now show an image of Midas in his ghost style in front of the Ghost logo.
- A helipad has been built at the Weather Station and near FN Radio.
- Land has been cleared up near Shadow Safe Houses Beta, Delta, and Echo, most likely preparing to build helipads.
- Midas' golden chair from The Agency has been seemingly taken, and has appeared west across the water on a boat. Nearby the boat, a truck has appeared in between two bushes with Meowscles' rope.
- The chair truck has moved much farther south, and has begun to turn left near Lazy Lake towards Retail Row.
- The truck from Logjam Woodworks has gone far south, and has driven up to Misty Meadows.
- The Pipeman has turned its head to the right.
- Coral have begun to grow in the vents at The Shark.
Map v12.20 (March 17th)[edit | edit source]
- The Rig has been heavily damaged and taken over by Shadow. Boats from nearby have gotten closer to support the remaining structure.
- Helicopters known as Choppas have appeared around the map at locations with helipads and at cleared up land from Shadow Safe Houses.
- The Pleasant Park soccer field has opened a secret exit for a Choppa from Shadow Safe House - Alpha.
- The truck holding Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has moved from The Agency and has driven into Salty Springs, leaving only the boat between the bushes. It has a cover over the objects in the back.
- The crane attempting to lift the red car at the Fancy View has fallen over, leaving only a few remaining pallets on the hill.
- The chair truck from Dirty Docks has driven through Retail Row and has appeared at the pathway that splits to **REDACTED** or towards the Box Factory.
- The pallet truck from Logjam Woodworks has driven through Misty Meadows and has appeared headed towards the Yellow Steel Bridge.
- The unfinished building at Frenzy Farm has finished construction.
- The Pipeman has began walking up the mountain past a cabin while holding a large part of a tree as a hiking stick.
- The Crash Site has been grown over by the plants. Coral have also began to appear around the island. Interestingly, some of the parts of the plane have been stripped off and taken away, most likely to Shadow Safe House - Alpha where similar parts of the plane are.
Map v12.30 (March 31st)[edit | edit source]
- Multiple objects, appearing to be some sort of hatches, have appeared all around The Agency in the water.
- The truck with Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has parked at the blue house in Salty Springs. The objects have now been placed inside the building along with Ghost files appearing inside the building. The "Join Ghost" poster that originally was on the blue building was taken down and placed with the trash, suggesting whoever owns the house isn't a fan of Ghost.
- The secret underground area in the cabin northwest of Weeping Woods now has a dance floor, a large amounts of balloons and honey, and a map showing 5 X's around the island. Outside the cabin, gnomes have appeared outside with Propane Tanks and other materials, most likely to break out the trapped gnome.
- A truck has appeared at the Fancy View, now holding a much larger crane that has lifted the smaller crane and the red car from down the hill.
- The Pipeman has continued hiking west. It seems to be heading towards Plumberton, where a large group of steel pipes are.
- Five campsites have appeared around the map, all featuring featuring a bean bag and stuffed caterpillar with faces drawn on them, and a backpack.
- The Risky Reels screen temporarily turned on, showing a similar llama screen like the one in Chapter 2 Season 1. It is most likely a test for an upcoming event.
- April 3rd: The Yacht has been revamped into a location for Deadpool. The Meowscles boss has been replaced with a boss of Deadpool.
- A sword similar to one of Skye's Epic Swords Of Wonder has appeared in a stone on the mountain north of Retail Row.
- New Ghost files have appeared, two new ones in the Ghost House, and one in a house around the mountains southwest of the Gorgeous Gorge.