Chapter 2 Season 2
Season 2 of Chapter 2, or Season 12 of Battle Royale began on February 20th, 2020 and ended on June 16th, 2020 (originally April 29th, June 3rd and June 10th). The theme of the season relates around the two major groups, Shadow and Ghost, along with the theme of gold and spies.
The map was updated to include five different spy "hideout" POI's, all of which have henchmen patrolling the area. In addition to the henchmen, each new POI includes an AI boss of the Battle Pass skins, which drop Mythic versions of weapons upon defeat.
The Battle Pass tab was remade to resemble the Save the World screens, with the interactive screen being a spy hideout.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Challenges
- 4 Achievements
- 5 Cosmetics
- 6 Weapon and Item Releases
- 7 Map Changes
- 8 Trivia
[edit | edit source]
Starting February 17th, Epic Games released a daily series of teasers that hints about the upcoming theme of the season.
[edit | edit source]
- Teaser 4 has a map in the top right corner with a bunker sticking out. The map appears to line up with the coast south of Dirty Docks and east of Retail Row, which means more terrain will be added to the area.
- Teaser 5 was thought to confirm the return of Dynamite, as the icons are the exact same. This turned out to be actually teasing the TNTina outfit.
- Teasers 6 and 7, when brightened, show an oil rig out in the water. Teaser 7 also has a map in the top left corner showing the island with the oil rig off the coast. Speicifcally, the map perfectly lines up with Shanty Town and the south west parts of Slurpy Swamp to give us that the new oil rig POI will be south of Shanty Town and west of Slurpy Swamp.
Beginning daily on February 17th into February 18th, at a certain time, players when returning to the lobby would see the Fortnite News, but it would be glitched or corrupted, and it would glitch to the final teaser for that day. In this case the gold face with chaos agent’s mask in front of it.
On February 18th into February 19th, players were shown a similar screen, but would instead show gold nuke saying the word “KA-BOOM” on it.
On February 19th into February 20th, players were shown the same screen, it showed a gold familiar cat called “Agent Meowscles”. Interestingly, the cat's head is similar to one shown in the Feline By Design Loading Screen.
One thing to note is in teasers 4, 5 & 8 it spells MIDAS. Midas is the name of at least three members of the royal house of Phrygia. The most famous being called King Midas is popularly remembered in Greek mythology for his ability to turn everything he touched everything into gold. This came to be called the golden touch, or the Midas touch. Which is why all the teasers are gold. As the theme is typically hinting us to a golden type season.
Before the season started, users on both the r/FortniteBR subreddit, and the official Fortnite discord server began to be "activated" by a bot known as "The Agency".
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 2 costs 950 V-Bucks, and is a way to earn exclusive rewards during the season by earning XP and increasing your level. The rewards included in the Battle Pass include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
The Battle Pass tab has been reworked, and is now an interactive spy hideout that includes the Battle Pass itself, challenges, and upgrade vault, and more. The pass itself includes new features never before seen, such as rideable gliders and a fully customizable skin. Fitting with the theme of the season, each skin (excluding Gear Specialist Maya and Agent Peely) has a selectable style which is permanently chosen, either Shadow or Ghost.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Challenges have been greatly changed this season. Challenges no longer have their own tab, and now fit into the Battle Pass tab, along with multiple other details, and are now available through the Challenge Table. Challenges are separated in multiple different groups: A tab for each unique set of challenges, such as Brutus' Briefing and Maya's Challenges, a tab for Suggested Challenges, one for Daily Challenges, and a tab listing all the challenges to be completed. When a challenge must be completed, the hologram on the Challenge Table will hold the information. When a location is listed to a specific location, a number will be placed at that location based on how many challenges are required to be completed there. Challenges also include unique icons, such as a chest, explosion, exclamation point, and multiple others.
Throughout the season, more Agent Challenges became available. The available challenges are Brutus' Briefing, TNTina's Trial, Meowscles' Mischief, Skye's Adventure, and Midas' Mission. These type of challenges are unlocked weekly and by completing them, special styles for the Battle Pass skins become available. However, only one out of the two special styles, Ghost and Shadow are available to collect for every player. The Challenges are available until the end of the season.
In addition to Agent Challenges, Gear Specialist Maya had challenges as well, called Maya's Challenges. These challenges were unlocked mostly weekly, each challenge giving the availability to change a certain design of Maya. These Challenges are available until the end of the season.
On March 25th, Oro and the Midas' Revenge set suddenly became temporarily available in the Item Shop, and along with it, the Awaken Oro Challenges. These challenges mostly consist of teamwork related challenges, and when completed, will reward two cosmetic items part of the Midas' Revenge set along with a large amount of XP. These challenges were removed on April 1st.
On April 21st, Travis Scott's Astronomical Challenges became temporarily available due to the Astronomical Event soon to begin along with a large set of Travis Scott items later being introduced in the Item Shop. The challenges consist of mostly tasks to complete north of Sweaty Sands. The rewards consist of a loading screen, a banner, and a spray and emote. These challenges were removed on April 26th.
On April 30th, the Location Domination Challenges became available. The challenges work in a similar way to the Stretch Goals Missions from Chapter 2 Season 1. Each challenge consists of completing a unique task at specific locations, and the reward consists of XP, where each stage grants more XP than the last stage. The challenges are available until the end of the season.
On May 26th, the Storm The Agency Challenges became available along with the Lone Shadow set. The challenges are mostly based on the agency and other spy bases, with the rewards consisting of a harvesting tool, a wrap, a glider, and XP. Due to recent season delays, the challenges will temporarily stay available until the end of the season. This is the last challenge set of Chapter 2 Season 2.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Achievements have returned from Chapter 2 Season 1, and work largely the same. Instead of being colored blue, they are now colored gold. Many achievements from last season were remade as separate achievements, with only a simple name change, however many are new to this season.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released during Season 12 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards.
|Windshear Cloak||Legendary||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-06-13|
|Slurpentine||Slurp Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Blue Heart||Slurp Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Professor Slurpo||Slurp Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Slurp Jet||Slurp Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Drip Axe||Slurp Series||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Camo Pulse||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-31|
|Toosie Slide||Icon Series||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-29|
|Synth Streak||Rare||Contrail||400 V-Bucks||2020-05-27|
|Storm The Agency||Uncommon||Loading Screen||0 V-Bucks||2020-05-26|
|Steel Shadow||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-05-26|
|Blast Radius||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-26|
|Renegade Shadow||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-26|
|Volt Batons||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-25|
|Custom Flier||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-24|
|Fresh Fish||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-23|
|Ninja Bundle||Icon Series||Bundle||2000 V-Bucks||2020-05-21|
|Chapter Two, Season Two||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-05-20|
|Ravenpool’s Cage||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-20|
|Prima Remix||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-05-20|
|Cuddlepool's Bow||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-20|
|Wild Gunner||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-18|
|Spin Out||Epic||Built-in Emote||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-17|
|Purr Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-16|
|Whisker Pack||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-16|
|Glitter Blaster||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-15|
|Hit Man||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-14|
|Firing Line||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-14|
|Shooting Gallery||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-14|
|Hit Me!||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-05-14|
|Burning Glow||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-11|
|Butterfly Knives||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-10|
|Butterfly Knife||Rare||Built-in Emote||1200 V-Bucks||2020-05-10|
|Emissary Bag||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-05-10|
|Elite Recon||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-05-09|
|Neon Wings||Epic||Back Bling||2020-05-08|
|Silencer||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-05-05|
|Agile Edge||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-05|
|Strut||Rare||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-05-01|
|Loot & Shoot||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-30|
|Double Gold||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-30|
|Fluffle Bag||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-29|
|Regal Floof||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-29|
|Stellar Jaunt||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-26|
|Flux Flier||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-26|
|Harmonic Flux||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-26|
|Axe of Champions||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2020-04-25|
|Thorn||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-24|
|Scarlet Satchel||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-24|
|Astroworld Cyclone||Icon Series||Glider||2020-04-23|
|Astrowild||Icon Series||Loading Screen||2020-04-23|
|Cosmic Revolution||Icon Series||Loading Screen||2020-04-23|
|Travis Scott||Icon Series||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Astronomical Bundle||Icon Series||Bundle||2500 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Astronomical Gear||Icon Series||Bundle||1100 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Diamond Jack||Icon Series||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Cactus Jack||Icon Series||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Goosebumps||Icon Series||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Head Banger||Icon Series||Emote||300 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Astro Jack||Icon Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Astro Antidote||Icon Series||Spray||2020-04-21|
|Astrothunder||Icon Series||Loading Screen||2020-04-21|
|Astroworld||Icon Series||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-04-21|
|Dynamic Shuffle||Icon Series||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-19|
|Back Burner||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-19|
|Blue Shock||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-18|
|Psi-blade||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Probability Dagger||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Unstoppable Force||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Crazyboy||Icon Series||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|XO Axes||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Cable Cloak||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|X-Force Gear Bundle||Marvel||Bundle||2000 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|X-Force Outfits||Marvel||Bundle||3000 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Shurayuki||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Domino Pack||Marvel||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Pelt Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Last Kiss||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Reflex Blades||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-17|
|Frosty Glow||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-15|
|Recon Strike||Rare||Back Bling||2020-04-14|
|Light Intel||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-13|
|Plasma Circuit||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-13|
|Bun Bun||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-12|
|Choco Shell||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-04-11|
|Hoppity||Rare||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-10|
|Deadpool Mashups||Marvel||Bundle||2000 V-Bucks||2020-04-09|
|Bionic Synapse||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-06|
|Bionic Relay||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-04-06|
|Signal Override||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-06|
|Box Basher||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Crafted Cardboard||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Pop Dropper||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-04|
|Scootin'||Marvel||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-04-03|
|Deadpool Gear Bundle||Marvel||Bundle||2000 V-Bucks||2020-04-03|
|Meaty Mallets||Marvel||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-04-03|
|Pink Streak||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-30|
|Splatter Spectrum||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-29|
|Master Minotaur||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2020-03-28|
|Bull Shield||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-03-28|
|Bold Stance||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-27|
|Swirly Streak||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-27|
|Dorsal Destroyer||Rare||Back Bling||2020-03-26|
|Angled Intercept||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Blockade Runner||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Double Dagger||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Bassassin Challenge Pack||Rare||Challenge Pack||0 V-Bucks||2020-03-26|
|Gilded Scepter||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-03-25|
|Radiant Mantle||Legendary||Back Bling||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-25|
|Kite!||Rare||Traversal Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-23|
|Manic Mosaic||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-22|
|Scarlet Commander||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-21|
|Crimson Elite||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-21|
|I'm A Cat||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-20|
|Well Rounded||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-20|
|Cuddletime Coup||Marvel||Loading Screen||2020-03-20|
|Slurp Jonesy||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Slurp Leviathan||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Slurp Legends Pack||Slurp Series||Bundle||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Slurp Bandolette||Slurp Series||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2020-03-19|
|Stargazer||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-18|
|Bespoke Blades||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Back Stitch||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Backchannel||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Radiant Runes||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-17|
|Lucky Clover||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Clover Team Leader||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Lush Edge||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Silver Strikers||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-14|
|Deadpool’s Katanas||Marvel||Back Bling||2020-03-13|
|Purple Jam||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-13|
|Primo Moves||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-11|
|Sasquatchin'||Uncommon||Traversal Emote||200 V-Bucks||2020-03-09|
|Squared Stream||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-08|
|Tropical Stash||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-07|
|Piña Clobber||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-07|
|Echo Jet||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|Inversion Blades||Uncommon||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|True Reflection||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-06|
|Happy Stars||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-05|
|Dynamic Fire||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-04|
|Battle Barn||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Farmer Steel||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Power Pitch||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Heavy Harvester||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-03-03|
|Diamond Eye||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-03-01|
|Shattered Ice||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-03-01|
|Gold Chain||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-29|
|Goldy Lock||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-29|
|Codaxe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Code Green||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Ride The Corn!||Marvel||Spray||2020-02-28|
|Hack Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-28|
|Neonimal||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-27|
|Diamond Grid||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-02-27|
|Heart Grid||Epic||Back Bling||1500 V-Bucks||2020-02-27|
|Pop Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-26|
|Iris Starter Pack||Rare||Starter Pack||0 V-Bucks||2020-02-26|
|Doggie Bag||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-25|
|Sunny Samba||Rare||Music||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-24|
|Carnaval Flowers||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-24|
|Carnaval Confetti||Rare||Animated Wrap||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-23|
|Skeletal Wings||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-22|
|Hurricane||Uncommon||Back Bling||200 V-Bucks||2020-02-21|
|Advanced Math||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2020-02-21|
|Hench Hauler||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Feline Fun||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Adventure Pack||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Gold Dagger Pack||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Hack & Smash||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Gear Specialist Maya||Legendary||Outfit||2020-02-20|
|Banana Briefcase||Epic||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Ollie Bounce||Epic||Built-in Emote||2020-02-20|
|Swole Cat||Epic||Built-in Emote||2020-02-20|
|Solid Scratch||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Yellow Glow||Uncommon||Wrap||300 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Specialist Pickaxe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Chargers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Epic Swords Of Wonder||Epic||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Serrated Slicers||Rare||Dual-Wielded Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|Spy Vs Banana||Uncommon||Wrap||2020-02-20|
|Arroyo Pack||Legendary||Back Bling||2020-02-20|
|Golden King||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2020-02-20|
|Hench Life||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Puma Pack||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
|The Clash||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Mountain Raid||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Paws & Claws||Rare||Emote||2020-02-20|
|Eye Of The Storm||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Roy G Meowscles||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Our Man Peely||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Lost Levels||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|The Harvest||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Dangerous Waters||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Golden Empire||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Boss Fight||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2020-02-20|
|Teknical Glow||Rare||Back Bling||1200 V-Bucks||2020-02-20|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
12.0 Patch Notes (February 20th)[edit | edit source]
- Skye's Assault Rifle
- Assault Rifle with a faster fire rate
- Skye's Grappler
- Grappler with infinite hooks
- TNTina's Ka-Boom Bow
- Boom Bow with rechargeable shots
- Midas' Drum Gun
- Golden Drum Gun with more damage
- Brutus' Minigun
- Minigun with a faster power up and overheat time
- Meowscles' Peow Peow Rifle
- Heavy Assault Rifle with more damage
- Rapid Fire SMG & Varients (Picked up from SHADOW Henchman chests.)
- SMG with fast fire rate, but lower damage and magazine size
- Creates a bot like figure that can take damage
- Creepin' Cardboard
- Box that players can hide in and shoot out of
- Hunting Rifle and Variants (Only in Sniper Shootout and One Shot gamemodes.)
- Suppressed Assault Rifle (Picked up from defeated Henchmen.) and variants from GHOST Henchman chests.
- Suppressed Submachine Gun & Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchmen and from GHOST Henchman chests.)
- Suppressed Sniper Rifle & Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchman and GHOST Henchman chests.
- Suppressed Pistol and Variants (Picked up from defeated GHOST Henchmen or GHOST henchman chests.)
- Minigun & Variants (Either from defeated SHADOW or GHOST Henchmen or SHADOW or GHOST chests.)
- Heavy Sniper Rifle & Variants. (Picked up from defeated SHADOW Henchman or SHADOW Henchman chests.)
- Remote Explosives
12.1 Patch Notes (March 3rd)[edit | edit source]
- Proximity Mine
- Explosive item that explodes when within enemy range
- Rapid Fire SMG, only available from eliminating SHADOW Henchmans.
12.2 Patch Notes (March 17th)[edit | edit source]
- Five seat helicopter
- Has a boost mechanic along with a horn that plays music
- 50 damage from a player hit by the propellers
- Vaulted Items:
- Suppressed Pistol
12.3 Patch Notes (March 31st)[edit | edit source]
- Deals 50-60 damage per melee hit, 100 damage for final charged hit
- Allows players to block damage in front of them
- Allows players to glide from a high height
- Allows players to roll and can harvest materials like the Lightsaber
- Crash Pad
- Comes in 3, max 6 per stack
- Allows players to bounce off it in a similar way to the Bouncer
- Can be thrown down at any time, including high in the air, avoiding fall damage
- Deadpool's Hand Cannons Rarity
- Dual Pistols with faster fire rate but lower damage
12.5 Patch Notes (April 29th)[edit | edit source]
- Lightsaber Rarity
- Unvaulted temporarily due to Star Wars Day on May 4th
12.6 Patch Notes (May 20th)[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v12.0 (February 20th)[edit | edit source]
- New Named Locations guarded by skins from the Chapter 2 Season 2 Battle Pass as well as Ghost Henchmen or regular Henchmen.
- A new building has been built on Eye Land, changing the POI into a new named location called The Agency featuring the Ghost logo.
- An oil rig has been constructed west of Slurpy Swamp. It has become a named location called The Rig.
- A boat has appeared north of Steamy Stacks called The Yacht.
- A named location has appeared at the northwest of the map called The Shark, featuring a piece of land in the shape of a shark.
- A secret base has appeared underground in between Retail Row and Dirty Docks called The Grotto.
- New Landmarks guarded by Shadow Henchmen.
- A secret underground hideout has been constructed underneath Pleasant Park only accessible through hideouts. It is called Shadow Safe House - Alpha.
- An underground hideout has also been constructed underneath a gas station east of Frenzy Farm also only accessible through hideouts. It is called Shadow Safe House - Beta.
- The inside of FN Radio has been changed into a secret hideout with more walls, training dummies on the roof, and a basement. It is now called Shadow Safe House - Charlie.
- The house at Lazy Lake Island has been fully constructed into a hideout called Shadow Safe House - Delta.
- The red house near Sweaty Sands with it's furniture removed has turned into a hideout with a basement. It is called Shadow Safe House - Echo.
- More port-a-potties and dumpsters have appeared around the map, some have become secret passages where a player jumps in it and it takes them through a long tube to different places around the area.
- Two secret bases have been built under Spawn Island. One belongs to Ghost and the other belongs to Shadow.
- Retail Row's holiday shop has been converted into two separate ones, one called Ghost Flowers and one called Shadow Lamps. Both teams have telescopes set up to spy each other's shops.
- The chair truck from Dirty Docks has moved next to the gas station east of Frenzy Farm.
- A delivery depot has appeared outside REDACTED, called Box Factory.
- All E.G.O. Outposts have disappeared.
- Multiple cars have crashed outside Sweaty Sands, presumably as a result of a police chase.
- A truck from Logjam has passed by the trucks at Stumpy Ridge (POI).
- A Ghost base has been set up near Stumpy Ridge, called the Ghost House.
- The golden toilet from the original cabin on Eye Land has been placed in a secret room in Hydro 16.
- Posters reading "Shadow wants you" and "Join Ghost" have appeared across the map.
- A truck has crashed near the swamp. It appears to have carried boxes from Ship It!. A police car has also appeared, seeming to have blocked off the crash with traffic cones.
- Mailboxes have appeared across the map, as well as boxes from Ship It!.
Map v12.1 (March 3rd)[edit | edit source]
- The red car that has fallen down the mansion cliff at the Fancy View during Chapter 2 Season 1 has now been lifted up by a crane held up on the edge by multiple pallets.
- Multiple desks and tvs have been placed around the Ghost House, most likely to train new Ghost recruits.
- Ghost files have appeared near Pizza Pete's Food Truck as well as on one of the bleachers at the Mowdown.
- A large skull shape has been created onto the side cliff of The Grotto. Multiple Shadow logos have appeared inside and the Henchmen have become Shadow Henchmen.
- A telescope as well as a suitcase holding plans with the Shadow logo have appeared on a building rooftop in Weeping Woods. The telescope points towards the Ghost House.
- All "Join Ghost" posters around the map now show an image of Midas in his ghost style in front of the Ghost logo.
- A helipad has been built at the Weather Station and near FN Radio.
- Land has been cleared up near Shadow Safe Houses Beta, Delta, and Echo, most likely preparing to build helipads.
- Midas' golden chair from The Agency has been seemingly taken, and has appeared west across the water on a boat. Nearby the boat, a truck has appeared in between two bushes with Meowscles' rope.
- The chair truck has moved much farther south, and has begun to turn left near Lazy Lake towards Retail Row.
- The truck from Logjam Woodworks has gone far east, and has driven up to Misty Meadows.
- The Pipeman has turned its head to the right.
- Coral have begun to grow in the vents at The Shark.
Map v12.2 (March 17th)[edit | edit source]
- The Rig has been heavily damaged and taken over by Shadow. Boats from nearby have gotten closer to support the remaining structure.
- Helicopters known as Choppas have appeared around the map at locations with helipads and at cleared up land from Shadow Safe Houses.
- The Pleasant Park soccer field has opened a secret exit for a Choppa from Shadow Safe House - Alpha.
- The truck holding Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has moved from The Agency and has driven into Salty Springs, leaving only the boat between the bushes. It has a cover over the objects in the back.
- The crane attempting to lift the red car at the Fancy View has fallen over, leaving only a few remaining pallets on the hill.
- The chair truck from Dirty Docks has driven through Retail Row and has appeared at the pathway that splits to **REDACTED** or towards the Box Factory.
- The pallet truck from Logjam Woodworks has driven through Misty Meadows and has appeared headed towards the Yellow Steel Bridge.
- The unfinished building at Frenzy Farm has finished construction.
- The Pipeman has began walking up the mountain past a cabin while holding a large part of a tree as a hiking stick.
- The Crash Site has been grown over by the plants. Coral have also began to appear around the island. Interestingly, some of the parts of the plane have been stripped off and taken away, most likely to Shadow Safe House - Alpha where similar parts of the plane are.
Map v12.3 (March 31st)[edit | edit source]
- Multiple objects, appearing to be some sort of hatches, have appeared all around The Agency in the water.
- The truck with Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has parked at the blue house in Salty Springs. The objects have now been placed inside the building along with Ghost files appearing inside the building. The "Join Ghost" poster that originally was on the blue building was taken down and placed with the trash, suggesting whoever owns the house isn't a fan of Ghost.
- The secret underground area in the cabin northwest of Weeping Woods now has a dance floor, a large amounts of balloons and honey, and a map showing 5 X's around the island. Outside the cabin, gnomes have appeared outside with Propane Tanks and other materials, most likely to break out the trapped gnome.
- A truck has appeared at the Fancy View, now holding a much larger crane that has lifted the smaller crane and the red car from down the hill.
- The Pipeman has continued hiking west. It seems to be heading towards Plumberton, where a large group of steel pipes are.
- Five campsites have appeared around the map, all featuring featuring a bean bag and stuffed caterpillar with faces drawn on them, and a backpack.
- The Risky Reels screen temporarily turned on, showing a similar llama screen like the one in Chapter 2 Season 1. It is most likely a test for an upcoming event.
- April 3rd: The Yacht has been revamped into a location for Deadpool. The Meowscles boss has been replaced with a boss of Deadpool.
- Nine unbreakable stones have appeared around the map at high places.
- New Ghost files have appeared, two new ones in the Ghost House, and one in a house around the mountains southwest of the Gorgeous Gorge.
- TVs at The Rig and The Shark turned brighter, showing images of the Vault.
- April 10th: The Risky Reels screen began to show a video hourly of an episode of Punk'd, a show now run by Quibi.
- April 12th: The Risky Reels screen stopped playing.
- April 14th: The Risky Reels screen has begun showing a video hourly of an episode of another show run by Quibi, The Sauce.
Map v12.4 (April 15th)[edit | edit source]
- The Shark has changed into a large prison controlled by Ghost.
- A building has been built on an island north of The Shark, featuring a solitary cell.
- The gnomes have attacked and taken over the cabin northwest of Weeping Woods. However one gnome was taken down, the other gnomes have freed the trapped gnome, placing all but one bear in the cell.
- The pallet truck from Logjam Woodworks and the chair truck from Dirty Docks crashed into each other east of the Yellow Steel Bridge. Most of the chairs and pallets have fallen down the cliff.
- The hatches around The Agency have begun to glow purple.
- The Pipeman is now holding a golden wrench.
- A golden wrench has appeared in front of a pipe structure in Shanty Town.
- Four large, pink bears have appeared at Risky Reels, seemingly for a cookout and to watch the episode of The Sauce.
- A building at Lazy Lake has turned into a near perfect copy of the No Sweat Insurance Building from Season 9.
- No Sweat Insurance signs have been planted all around the map.
- Deadpool pants have been set up as flags around the map.
- The Venturion suit hung up at The Rig has been replaced with a suit similar to what Tempest wears.
- A black car and a briefcase has appeared behind Pizza Pete's Food Truck .
- April 17th: Multiple posters have been hung around the map, relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- April 18th: A glowing purple star can be seen in the sky east of the island.
- April 19th: Boats, cranes, and other objects have appeared on islands north of Sweaty Sands. They appear to be setting stages.
Map v12.4.1 (April 21st)[edit | edit source]
- The stage north of Sweaty Sands has continued construction.
- Multiple inflated astro heads have appeared around land nearby the stage.
- The astronomical posters hung around the map have been updated, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical event.
- Mailboxes around the map have been vanishing, appearing in a house at Homely Hills.
- April 23rd: The stage north of Sweaty Sands has finished construction, now featuring a ring of some sort and a beacon with a timer.
- The timer had reached 0 and the Astronomical Event occurred, causing the large star to drop from the sky, revealing to be a very large Astroworld. A large Travis Scott appeared, singing while changing the map, allowing players to bounce, speed up, slow down, glow in the dark, swim underwater, and fly in the sky shortly before the AstroWorld blew up, transporting players back over Sweaty Sands through a Butterfly Rift.
Map v12.5 (April 29th)[edit | edit source]
- Risky Reels changed back into a Named Location.
- The stage north of Sweaty Sands was taken down along with all the other props for Travis Scott’s Astronomical. Astroworld is no longer visible in the sky anymore.
- Two large groups of gnomes and bears have appeared northeast of Weeping Woods, ready for a large battle.
- The Pipeman sat down by the southern coast, looking to the ocean.
- The truck crash east of the Yellow Steel Bridge has been closed off by police cars and traffic cones. Two trucks have appeared by the site to collect the pallets and chairs.
- The hut down the hill of the crash started reconstruction.
- The New No Sweat Insurance Building has been given more furniture and other office materials.
- Midas' golden chair in the blue house in Salty Springs has crashed through second floor onto the first floor with the desk.
Map v12.6 (May 20th)[edit | edit source]
- The hut near the Yellow Steel Bridge has continued construction, including more walls and a staircase. Leftover pallets and chairs have been cleaned up and placed in trucks.
- The bears and gnomes in Weeping Woods have stopped fighting and have started writing a list of notes.
- Clouds have started to appear around The Agency.
- Multiple large mushrooms different to regular mushrooms have appeared around Weeping Woods.
- May 23rd: Bubbles are forming from the hatches around The Agency.
Map v12.6.1 (May 26th)[edit | edit source]
- Storm circles have started to take longer and move in more random directions, sometimes off the main island. This is a build-up to The Device event.
- June 7th: Seven canoes among the coast near Dirty Docks are set up. The canoes could likely be related to The Seven.
- June 13th: An orange beacon featuring a countdown for the season event has appeared above The Agency. The hatches around The Agency have opened, releasing more bubbles.
- June 15th: The timer above The Agency reached zero. Five rods lifted out of the hatches and the Doomsday Device broke through The Agency and caused the storm to become part water. Afterwards, the destroyed Agency was taken over by SHADOW, the device broke (you can see it in Midas' room), and the rods went back into the hatches and closed for good.
- June 16th: a cartoon-looking mushroom (that has been leaked in the files for a while) can now be spotted in Weeping Woods. This could possibly be the pet mechanic for Season 3.
- This could have been an accident on Epic's end, but the mushroom is adorable either way.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Season 2 is currently the second longest season of Fortnite: Battle Royale running from February 20th to June 17th or around 118 days. Season 1 of Chapter 2 however still remains the longest season ever running from October 15th to February 19th lasting to 128 days.
- This is the first season since Season 6 to not have any Overtime Challenges.