Camp Cod (POI)
Camp Cod is a Landmark in Battle Royale added in Chapter 2 Season 1, located inside the coordinates F8 and G8, far southeast of Misty Meadows,south of Catty Corner and Weather Station and far south of Lazy Lake. It is a small island which is connected by a bridge with storage area for what seems to be old objects from the Chapter 1 Map. This location has a total of 18 chests.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Many items from the Chapter 1 Battle Royale map can be found here, such as the following:
- Car piles likely from Junk Junction.
- The destroyed Clock from the Clock Tower, originally at Tilted Towers before the location was destroyed and the clock was moved to Junk Junction.
- Fields from Fatal Fields. (Although this could be a regular farm inside the area.)
- A warehouse resembling the Filming Studio (POI) has ended up destroyed and used as storage and a shooting range.
- The bear statue from Lonely Lodge. (It could also be the one outside Retail Row.)
- A statue from Sunny Steps.
- 2 pictures of Dusty Divot.
- A Big Shots sign from the original Retail Row (or Moisty Palms or Happy Hamlet) and another one from Lucky Landing.
- A hut, possibly from Fatal Fields, but without a top.
- The Boneyard sign holder from Junk Junction.
- A Durrr Burger menu, most likely from Greasy Grove. It is unknown how it would be found though, as Greasy came back differently through a Rift Zone.
- A control center. It could be the one from Salty Springs or Retail Row on the original Fortnite map, or even the Villain Lair (POI). It can also be from The Prison since that is where the original control panel was found in Season 1.
- 2 gravestones. They are likely from Haunted Hills.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
|Visit 15 different Landmarks||TNTina's Trial||40,000|
|Dance at Lake Canoe, Camp Cod, Rainbow Rentals||Meowscles' Mischief||40,000|
|Search 10 Chests at Landmarks||Skye's Adventure||40,000|
|Stage 1 of 3 - Destroy Gnomes at Camp Cod of Fort Crumpet (3)||Location Domination||10,000|
|Stage 2 of 3 - Destroy Gnomes at Camp Cod of Fort Crumpet (7)||Location Domination||25,000|
|Stage 3 of 3 - Destroy Gnomes at Camp Cod of Fort Crumpet (15)||Location Domination||55,000|
|Stoke Campfires at Camp Cod (3)||Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 9 Challenges||35,000|
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Camp Cod was added to the map.
- Several Ghost recruitment posters have appeared around Camp Cod.
- Camp Cod has flooded significantly, leaving almost the entire location underwater and inaccessible besides the top of a silo, now holding a chest with arms and legs.
- July 11th: The water level decreased, revealing the small house on the top of Camp Cod.
- July 18th: The water level decreased further, revealing slightly more area on the top of Camp Cod.
- July 24th: The water level lowered further, revealing slightly more of Camp Cod.
- July 27th: The water level decreased even further, and most of Camp Cod is now available to loot.
- July 30th: Small parts of Camp Cod are left flooded.
- August 1st: The last parts of Camp Cod have been revealed.
- V14.10: The barn housing most of the Chapter 1 artifacts has randomly disappeared.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Camp Cod is the biggest landmark on the chapter 2 battle royale map. It have also more chests than other landmark(18)
- This was originally going to be a named POI, as hinted in the files of the game.
- If you go on one of the carpets, you can fall through, going into a secret area with multiple chests.
- It is possible this is home to The Visitor and/or The Scientist.
- If you go into replay mode and look in the metal barn, you can find a Vending Machine with a Minigun in it, hinting Vending Machines may come back in the future.