Battle Royale Live Events
Live Events in Battle Royale are huge events that only happen once, and usually bring huge changes to the map with them. Live Events often bring the Fortnite community together; everyone stops attacking eachother to watch the event. Live Events usually happen once every season, and there have been many across the last few seasons.
Some live events may use unique gamemodes to host the event and can have unique rules.
List of Live Events[edit | edit source]
This is a chronological list of every event that has happened in Fortnite: Battle Royale as of right now:
- Blast-Off! - Happened on June 30th, 2018 during Season 4. Involved a giant rocket with the visitor in it launching from the Villain Lair and creating several rifts across the map.
- CUBE Sinking - Happened on September 19th, 2018 during Season 5. Involved the CUBE sinking/melting into Loot Lake and turning it purple and bouncy.
- The Butterfly Event (Also referred to as "CUBE Explosion" or "Fortnitemares Finale") - Happened on November 4th, 2018 during Season 6. Involved the CUBE exploding and sending all players to another dimension, before touching a rift butterfly and being sent back to a changed Leaky Lake.
- New Year's Event 2019 - Happened every hour between December 30th, 2018 and January 1st, 2019 during Season 7. Involved many fireworks and a giant disco ball being sent up in the air to celebrate the new year.
- Ice Storm (Also referred to as the "Sphere Event" or "Ice King Event") - Happened on January 19th, 2019 during Season 7. Involved The Ice King breaking out of the sphere above Polar Peak and brewing a ice storm that covered the island in snow.
- Showtime - Happened on February 2nd, 2019 during Season 7. Involved a massive virtual performance held by Marshmello at Pleasant Park. The Encore was also happened on the same day.
- The Unvaulting Of The Drum Gun - Happened on May 4th, 2019 during Season 8. Involved the vault at Loot Lake opening up and allowing players to pick a item that they would like to see unvaulted. After the Drum Gun got unvaulted, players were shot out of the vault to see the Volcano erupting; which caused the destruction of Tilted Towers and Retail Row.
- The Final Showdown - Happened on July 20th, 2019 during Season 9. Involved the terrifying monster from Polar Peak fighting against the giant robot from Pressure Plant. Eventually, the robot defeated the Cattus and flew away.
- The End - Happened on October 13th, 2019 on the last day of Season 10. Involved the rocket at Dusty Depot launching off and creating many duplicate rockets, which attacked the meteor but then collided with the zero point at Loot Lake and made a black hole which consumed the entire island.
- Live At Risky Reels Event - Happened on December 13th, 2019 at 2:00pm EST during Chapter 2 Season 1. Involved a massive sky battle between famous fighters from Star Wars. The event featured Geoff Keighley and J.J. Abrams with an interactable quiz and inclusion of a scene from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- New Year's Event 2020 - Happened every hour between December 30th, 2019 and January 1st, 2020 during Chapter 2 Season 1. Involved many fireworks and a giant disco ball being sent up in the air to celebrate the new year.
- Astronomical Event - Happened from April 23rd, 2020 through April 25th, 2020, during Chapter 2 Season 2. Involved a massive virtual performance held by Travis Scott at Sweaty Sands. The Concert showed a huge Travis Scott teleporting around the area and changing the map constantly. After participating in the event players were given 3 items such as the Astroworld Cyclone (glider) and two loading screens.
- The Device Event - Happened on June 15th 2020 at 2:05 PM EDT. This was the first Live Event in Chapter 2 that is related to The Storyline. Midas used Doomsday Device. He tried to broke the storm. Unfortunately, something goes wrong and storm changes into waterwall. It caused map inundation in Chapter 2 Season 3
Mini Events[edit | edit source]
Sometimes in Battle Royale, some smaller events may happen without any in-game notice or gamemode for them. They don't often cause significant map changes and people don't care about them as much as the huge live events.
- Meteor Strikes - Happened periodically towards the end of Season 3. Involved small pieces of the Meteor landing down on the island and destroying several objects.
- Rifting Items - Happened after the Blast-Off! event, leading up to Season 5. Involved several objects across the map being taken away by Rifts, as well as some items coming out of them.
- Rift Lighting Strikes and CUBE spawn - Happened periodically between the 23rd and 24th of August, 2018 during Season 5. Involved the giant rift in the sky striking several cacti with lighting, eventually creating the CUBE before disappearing.
- CUBE movements and rune implantation - Happened periodically during the later half of Season 5. Involved the CUBE often moving around the island and stopping at 7 different locations to implant anti-gravity zones.
- Earthquakes - Happened around the second half of Season 7. Many cracks appeared around the map at a rate of about 0 to 2 a day, mainly focusing around where the Rainforest Biome ended up.