|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
The B.R.U.T.E was a ground vehicle in Battle Royale. It is a giant mech suit that can be mounted by 2 players at a time. The driver has a dash, stomp and super jump attack. Additionally, the passenger seat has a shotgun and missile attack while being shielded by a forcefield. The B.R.U.T.E can also use player materials to create an overshield that protects the mech. It additionally has a self-destruct function, which causes it to explode after 5 seconds and damage any nearby players for 100. Due to this, it was one of the most controversial items introduced to Battle Royale, alongside the X-4 Stormwing.
As of the Chapter 2 Season 1 update, the B.R.U.T.E was vaulted in all game modes, being only available in Creative.
Patch 10.20.2 (September 4, 2019)
- Lowered the spawn rate of the B.R.U.T.E in Storm phases 3-6 in core modes. Arena spawn rates will remain unchanged.
Patch 10.20 (August 27, 2019)
- The B.R.U.T.E's map icon visible to all players after players board one. The icon will follow the vehicle as it moves.
- Returned the explosion radius of B.R.U.T.E. missiles back to their original range.
August 22, 2019
- B.R.U.T.E Balance Adjustments
- Decreased the maximum rockets in a charge from 10 to 6.
- Decreased the rocket fire rate by 56%.
- Decreased the rocket explosion range by 42%.
- Increased dash cool down from 3 secs to 5 secs.
- Can no longer harvest materials by stomping objects.
- Adjusted spawn rates again.
- Decreased material cost for shield overcharge from 200 mats to 75.
- Increased B.R.U.T.E health from 1,000 to 1,250.
Patch 10.10 (August 14, 2019)
Weapons + Items
- B.R.U.T.E updates:
- Added a targeting laser that appears as players load and fire missiles.
- In addition to the B.R.U.T.E’s gunner, this laser is visible to opponents and teammates.
- This is to help give clarity to all players on where a gunner is aiming their rockets before they’re fired.
- Improved visual and audio feedback during the self-destruct sequence.
- B.R.U.T.Es can now be entered directly from glider mode.
- Updated B.R.U.T.E spawn logic for large team respawn game modes.
- B.R.U.T.Es will now spawn intermittently throughout the match instead of waiting for Storm phases to end.
- B.R.U.T.Es abandoned in the Storm will self-destruct after 30 seconds.
- B.R.U.T.Es will reappear on the minimap after 15 seconds if no player is in either seat.
Patch 10.00 (August 1, 2019)
- Few suits make you feel as powerful as a mech suit does. In this two-person vehicle, players can control their movement while their partner controls its firepower. Those feeling extra adventurous can operate it solo by switching between moving and shooting!
- On September 25th (Patch 10.40), B.R.U.T.Es across the map began to explode upon landing. This was due to them having a virus - seen in the grey Dusty Depot warehouse.
- The B.R.U.T.E is the third-ever vehicle in Battle Royale to have a built-in weapon, the first two being the Pirate Cannon and X-4 Stormwing.
- It is the first-ever vehicle to have 2 built-in weapons.
- The B.R.U.T.E's name is inspired by several items' names in Save the World.
- It is the first, and currently only, vehicle that is capable of doing emotes.
- It is also the first vehicle to have its own unique emote - the "B.R.U.T.A.L Dab".
- It is the second vehicle to be introduced at the start of a season then vaulted the at the start of the next season. The first being was X-4 Stormwing.
- The technical name for the B.R.U.T.E shotgun is known as the Ostrich Weapon.