Battle Royale Map
The Battle Royale Island is the main battle arena of Battle Royale. It consists of a 8x8 (formerly 10x10) grid with many major named locations and minor POIs (points of interest). After The End Event, the Zero Point collapsed into a Black Hole and sucked up the entire island, transporting everyone to a new island. Each Season, new map locations or areas are introduced or removed. Sometimes Patches change the map in some way, such as the destroyed shack near Fatal Fields from Chapter 1 being developed.
- 1 Points of Interest
- 1.1 Locations
- 1.2 Landmarks
- 1.3 Former Points of Interest
- 1.4 Challenge Games
- 2 Dead Grid
- 3 Map Markers
- 4 Map History
- 5 Changes
Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
POIs (points of interest) are notable locations on the Battle Royale Island, ranging from specific named places and sites to smaller settlements. The current version of the map has the following points of interest:
Locations[edit | edit source]
Locations are places that are specifically labelled on the map. There are 13 locations in the current version of the map, which are initially labelled as "???" (not to be confused with the landmark "???") and have to be visited to appear on the map. Visiting 10 out of the 13 locations is required to complete an objective for the New World Missions.
Lazy Lake[edit | edit source]
Craggy Cliffs[edit | edit source]
Craggy Cliffs is located at the northern part of the map north of Frenzy Farm, west of Steamy Stacks and northeast of Pleasant Park. It is a coastal village with a large Fish Sticks restaurant.
Slurpy Swamp[edit | edit source]
Slurpy Swamp is located at the southwestern part of the map, south of Weeping Woods, northwest of Misty Meadows and northwest of Holly Hedges. It is a swamp, similar to Moisty Mire, with a Slurp Juice factory.
Misty Meadows[edit | edit source]
Misty Meadows is located at the southern part of the map, southwest of Lazy Lake and southeast of Slurpy Swamp. It is a small village, and it's design is similar to Happy Hamlet.
Dirty Docks[edit | edit source]
Dirty Docks is located at the eastern part of the map, south of Steamy Stacks and east of Frenzy Farm. It is a cargo dock with cranes, many motorboats, and warehouses similar to Dusty Depot.
Frenzy Farm[edit | edit source]
Pleasant Park[edit | edit source]
Sweaty Sands[edit | edit source]
Sweaty Sands is a location southwest of Pleasant Park, northwest of Salty Springs, and north of Holly Hedges. It is a residential area along the beach, including SoFDeeZ and the hotel similar to the one that was at Paradise Palms.
Steamy Stacks[edit | edit source]
Steamy Stacks is located at the northeastern part of the map, east of Craggy Cliffs and north of Dirty Docks. Similar to Pressure Plant, it is a power plant, this one powered by the CUBE and run by a company called Kevolution Energy.
Weeping Woods[edit | edit source]
Holly Hedges[edit | edit source]
Holly Hedges is in the west portion of the map, west of Weeping Woods and northwest of Slurpy Swamp. It is a town that highly resembles Greasy Grove, with houses that are very similar to Starry Suburbs.
Retail Row[edit | edit source]
Retail Row is located at the eastern part of the map. It is a retail store complex with a wide parking lot and a residential neighborhood beside the commercial area that consists of houses, some of which are broken or damaged.
Salty Springs[edit | edit source]
Salty Springs is located close to the central part of the map. It is residential area with houses, a gas station, and a bus station.
Landmarks[edit | edit source]
Landmarks are small POI's that are not labelled on the map, but their name usually appears when the player visits them. Small notable locations, like a pond, bunker, small settlement or natural/man-made feature are usually designated as a Landmark. (In some cases, e.g. "Snow Cone Food Truck", the name is not displayed and the game just displays the word "Landmark" with no associated landmark name, although this may be a bug.) Discovering new landmarks grants experience. Visiting 10 of them is required in order to complete a mission objective of the New World Missions ("Discover Landmarks"). Many, though not all, of the landmarks are associated with grey areas of the map and the landmark must be visited to clear the grey area.
- Apres Ski
- Base Camp Foxtrot
- Base Camp Golf
- Base Camp Hotel
- Beach Bus
- Blue Steel Bridge
- Boat Launch
- Bob's Bluff
- Camp Cod
- Cap'n Carp Delivery Truck
- Compact Cars
- Coral Cove
- Crackshot's Cabin
- Crash Site
- Crashed Cargo
- Durrr Burger Food Truck
- E.G.O. Barracks
- E.G.O. Comm Tower
- E.G.O. Hangar
- E.G.O. Science Station
- E.G.O. Staging Post
- Eye Land
- Fancy View
- Flopper Pond
- Fork Knife Food Truck
- Fort Crumpet
- FN Radio
- Greasy Graves
- Green Steel Bridge
- Gorgeous Gorge
- Hilltop House
- Homely Hills
- Hydro 16
- Lake Canoe
- Lazy Lake Island
- Lockie's Lighthouse
- Logjam Woodworks
- Mount F8
- Mount H7
- Mount Kay
- Pizza Pete's Food Truck
- Pristine Point
- Purple Steel Bridge
- Rainbow Rentals
- Rapid's Rest
- Red Steel Bridge
- Risky Reels
- Scenic Spot
- Shanty Town
- Shipwreck Cove
- Snow Cone Food Truck
- Stack Shack
- Stumpy Ridge
- The Orchard
- Timber Tent
- Unremarkable Shack
- Weather Station
- Yellow Steel Bridge
Former Points of Interest[edit | edit source]
Limited Time POIs[edit | edit source]
- Moai Heads
- The Inbetween
- Corrupted Areas
- Expedition Outposts
- Pirate Camps
- Sky Platforms
- Pandora (POI)
Limited Time Challenges Props[edit | edit source]
- Film Cameras
- Birthday Cake
- Christmas Trees
Interactable Map Objects[edit | edit source]
Chapter 1 Locations[edit | edit source]
- Anarchy Acres
- The Block
- Container Yard
- Convenience Store
- Depot Race Track
- Destroyed Stadium
- Dusty Depot
- Dusty Diner
- Dusty Divot
- Expedition Outposts
- Fatal Fields
- Filming Studio
- Floating Island
- Flush Factory
- Frosty Flights
- Frozen Meteor
- Gotham City
- Greasy Grove
- Happy Hamlet
- Haunted Castle
- Haunted Hills
- Hilltop House
- Hot Springs
- Junk Junction
- Lazy Lagoon
- Lazy Links
- Lonely Lodge
- Loot Lake
- Leaky Lake
- Lucky Landing
- Mega Mall
- Moisty Mire
- Moisty Palms
- Neo Tilted
- Northern Houses
- Open Soccer Stadium
- Paradise Palms
- Pirate Camps
- Polar Peak
- Pressure Plant
- Race Track
- RV Park
- Shifty Shafts
- Skeletal Remains
- Sky Platforms
- Snobby Shores
- Snowy Race Track
- Stadium (Crater)
- Starry Suburbs
- Starry Suburbs Ruins
- Sunny Steps
- Tilted Towers
- Tilted Town
- Tomato Temple
- Tomato Town
- Trucker's Oasis
- Viking Outpost
- Villain Lair
- Wailing Woods
Former locations in Chapter 2[edit | edit source]
Challenge Games[edit | edit source]
Challenge Games was a POI on the Battle Royale Map exclusively added in Playground mode that is composed of Port-a-Challenge variations spawned in one area on the sky. The challenge games are no longer available in playground or any other mode. They were removed due to glitches such as going to spawn island.
Dead Grid[edit | edit source]
Map Markers[edit | edit source]
Map markers are icons that players can place on the map. It is mainly used to mark a place that players will lands at, go toward, etc. There are blue, purple, red, and yellow markers depending on what the color your character is represented with.
Map History[edit | edit source]
This list downs all the major changes in the Battle Royale Map versions:
- Season 11 Battle Royale Map
- The snow on the map has begun melting.
- The whole map has been covered in snow.
- Snow has covered the southeast portion of the map
- New snow-themed landmarks are appearing on the map
- The Eye land POI is back to normal
- Season 11 Battle Royale Map v11.10
- Season 11 Battle Royale Map v11.00
- A new map with new locations and environments has been added, replacing the old one.
- New POIs have been added: Craggy Cliffs, Steamy Stacks, Sweaty Sands, Frenzy Farm, Dirty Docks, Holly Hedges, Weeping Woods, Lazy Lake, Slurpy Swamp and Misty Meadows.
- Pleasant Park, Retail Row, Risky Reels and Salty Springs have been added back to various locations.
- Multiple new landmarks (named when the player visits them, though not on the map itself) have also appeared.
- Multiple new unnamed POIs have also appeared.
- Season 10 Battle Royale Map v10.40
- Starry Suburbs was added.
- October 13th: A live event has happened. The rocket at Dusty Depot activated and created multiple rifts and other rockets, which caused the Frozen Meteor to disappear. The rockets and meteor eventually attacked the zero point at Loot Lake, ending with a massive black hole that consumed the entire map.
- Season 10 Battle Royale Map v10.30
- Season 10 Battle Royale Map v10.20
- Season 10 Battle Royale Map v10.10
- Season 10 Battle Royale Map v10.0
- Dusty Depot and the Factory POI have returned, replacing Dusty Divot.
- A new Frozen Meteor POI has appeared in the sky above the Factories.
- The zero point orb at Loot Lake has exploded, stopping time and making a antigravity zone around the lake.
- The Skeletal Remains have been covered in purple moss and trees.
- Neo Tilted was replaced by Tilted Town.
- Season 9 Battle Royale Map v9.4
- Season 9 Battle Royale Map v9.3
- Pressure Plant has been modified, and an elevator has been created. During the next days, a giant mecha has been built.
- Season 9 Battle Royale Map v9.2
- Season 9 Battle Royale Map v9.0
- Neo Tilted has replaced Tilted Towers, with some buildings being heavily modified
- Mega Mall has replaced Retail Row
- The Volcano has become a named POI in Pressure Plant. Most of the Volcano has been destroyed
- Sky Platforms have appeared around the island
- A new mansion has appeared near Paradise Palms
- The Clock Tower from Tilted Towers has appeared in Junk Junction, where its remains lie
- Season 8 Battle Royale Map v8.50
- Season 8 Battle Royale Map v8.0
- Two new named POIs: Sunny Steps and Lazy Lagoon
- A new volcano has emerged destroying Wailing Woods, the Container Yard
- Lazy Lagoon has replaced Lazy Links
- The Block has been moved where the Motel once stood
- A new tropical/jungle biome
- Sunny Steps has replaced Wailing Woods.
- Pirate camps have appeared around the island.
- Season 7 Battle Royale Map v7.0
- Season 6 Battle Royale Map v6.0
- The Floating Island is destroyed by the CUBE explosion and large and small islands have been found on Leaky Lake. The remaining parts of the CUBE are found where the whirlpool used to be at.
- Loot Lake is renamed to Leaky Lake.
- The Floating Island breaks into three pieces with the Cube in the centre.
- Floating Island spawned on top of the Loot Lake and have started moving over Corrupted Areas.
- 7 Corrupted Areas have been added throughout the map.
- Season 5 Battle Royale Map v5.30
- Season 5 Battle Royale Map v5.0
- Season 4 Battle Royale Map v4.0
- Season 3 Battle Royale Map
- Lucky Landing was added.
- Season 2 Battle Royale Map
- Season 1 Battle Royale Map
- Initial launched map consists of Greasy Grove, Pleasant Park, Retail Row, Anarchy Acres, Fatal Fields, Lonely Lodge, Flush Factory, Loot Lake, Moisty Mire, Wailing Woods and few unnamed POIs; the Container Yard, Prison, Factory, Dirt Track and RV Park.
- Formerly unnamed POIs; Salty Springs, Tomato Town and Dusty Depot have been eventually named.
- Curiously enough, this map was very roughly based upon Poland.
Changes[edit | edit source]