1.8.2 Patch Notes
|1.8.2 Patch Notes|
|Date||7 November 2017|
|See all Patch Notes|
Hide in plain sight with the new consumable item for Battle Royale … the Bush. When you aren’t creeping around the world in your new camouflage, check out the Season Shop! It’s a store filled with seasonal gliders, outfits and harvesting tools.
We’re continuing to improve the overall Fortnite experience and squash a few nasty bugs with this patch. Performance is improved for all players and is constantly on our mind. Check out our recent dev blog for more details.
20 Million Players[edit | edit source]
Thank you Fortnite community ... all 20 million of you!
The Bush[edit | edit source]
- The Bush consumable camouflages the player as an inconspicuous bush.
- The Bush is a one-time use item that is destroyed if the player wearing it takes any damage, including damage from the storm.
- The Bush can only be found in chests and supply drops.
- Legendary rarity.
Season Shop[edit | edit source]
The Season Shop is the new item shop for Battle Royale that offers gliders, outfits, and harvesting tools. Unlock the ability to purchase new items as you level up each season!
- Season One Items
- Level 5 - Glider : Aerial Assault One
- Level 15 - Outfit : Aerial Assault Trooper
- Level 20 - Outfit : Renegade Raider
- Level 35 - Pickaxe : Raider's Revenge
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- Fixed several localization issues.
- Fixed several client crashes.
Battle Royale[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
- Adjusted Pump Shotgun falloff damage.
- 100% damage up to 7.68 meters
- 70% damage at 18 meters
- 20% at 30 meters
- 0% at 41 meters
- Increased the time it takes to transition from hip-fire to targeting mode after unintentionally decreasing it in a previous update.
- It previously took 0.25 seconds to raise and lower weapons.
- It now takes 0.4 seconds to raise weapons and 0.45 seconds to lower weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in weapons not having ammo when picked up.
- Fixed a recoil bug which made aiming upwards faster than aiming downwards while firing.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Added a scroll bar for the daily challenge list so that the “Collect Rewards” button is no longer pushed off screen when five or more challenges are displayed.
- The loading screen no longer displays “Solo” when entering or leaving a Squad match.
Controller[edit | edit source]
- You can now repair structures while in build mode using the “Combat Pro” configuration.
- Hold the right thumbstick down to repair.
- The Right Trigger label (“RT”) on the controller layout image is now assigned to the correct button.
Performance[edit | edit source]
- Optimized shadow rendering to improve overall performance.
- Optimized visibility calculations for objects to improve rendering performance.
- Made improvements to foliage rendering affecting CPU and GPU performance.
- Reduced in-game hitches by preloading additional assets in the matchmaking lobby instead of mid-match.
- Resolved multi-second hitching and freezing on consoles.
Daily Challenges[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a few issues that unintentionally awarded players with completed challenges.
Save the World[edit | edit source]
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Added a “Play Now” button to the Fortnitemares event page.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the weak point from appearing while harvesting resources.
- Fixed an issue which blocked the ShadowShard evolution choice from the Gravedigger rifle.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue which caused the chat window to block the “View Event” button in the menus.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Ceiling Drop Trap and Ice Floor Trap to display Star level one on the schematic even when upgraded to level two or higher.
Art[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue which prevented Ramirez's ponytail from showing.
Audio[edit | edit source]
- Fixed several cases of subtitles not matching the corresponding voice lines.